Address Change.... ????

Hello all,

Once again, I come to all of you for you help. Our Paper work left NVC on the 22 of Jan. It is stuck in Clearance delay in China. My Fiancee has since moved to a different apartment. I am not sure who to notify for the change. My lawyer is no help and I realize I know more then him, I think he should be on CFL for a refresher course. I figured I could send a fax or call Guanzghou. I am just concerned because I am not sure what or if there is a case # other then the one we got from USCIS.

Any and all input would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

John and SiYi

I'm a fan of the shotgun effect:

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

3. call the shanghai call center, get it changed.

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

You should have gotten a GUZ number in a letter from NVC.

Since there's already a GUZ case number, GUZ's computers have entries about the case.

Timing is important, as well.

Of course, you could totally and completely ignore everything I've listed - and instead -

Check with DOS twice a week - when they say 'P3 mailed out' - Have her send in in your OWN P3 generated from the forms on the GUZ website.

Good Luck !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

Since there's already a GUZ case number, GUZ's computers have entries about the case.

Of course, you could totally and completely ignore everything I've listed - and instead -

Check with DOS twice a week - when they say 'P3 mailed out' - Have her send in in your OWN P3 generated from the forms on the GUZ website.

Good Luck !

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

Good Luck !

I am in the same boat with a address change. I like the idea of call dos, and than sending the packet in. However when it comes time for the interviewyou need to do the same? Is there a better way of doing both, giving new address and calling dos?

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

Good Luck !

I am in the same boat with a address change. I like the idea of call dos, and than sending the packet in. However when it comes time for the interviewyou need to do the same? Is there a better way of doing both, giving new address and calling dos?

Once again, I was able to find anwsers by the use of the great people on here. I called NVC, they gave me my case number which went to Guz, I emailed Guz last night with the information and they replied the same day, this is what they replied:

Dear Mr. John C. ,

Thank you for your email.

We have received notice that the NVC is sending the case file to the Consulate. We have not yet received the case file. At this time, you need do nothing further. Shipments of case files mailed from the NVC can take several weeks to several months to arrive in China and clear Chinese customs. We will contact your beneficiary once we are ready to continue processing the case. We will also update Ms. Chen, Si Yi's mailing address as provided once her case file is received.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133

PRC

Fax: 86-20-38844412

I will now fax them over the same info and I will also wait till I see when the paperwork clears in Guz and do it again.

Thanks again to everyone, I truly would be lost without this site and the great people here. I even have a lawyer and he is very little help.

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

Good Luck !

Once again, I was able to find anwsers by the use of the great people on here. I called NVC, they gave me my case number which went to Guz, I emailed Guz last night with the information and they replied the same day, this is what they replied:

Dear Mr. John C. ,

We have received notice that the NVC is sending the case file to the Consulate. We have not yet received the case file. At this time, you need do nothing further. Shipments of case files mailed from the NVC can take several weeks to several months to arrive in China and clear Chinese customs. We will contact your beneficiary once we are ready to continue processing the case. We will also update Ms. Chen, Si Yi's mailing address as provided once her case file is received.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

1 Shamian South Street

PRC

I will now fax them over the same info and I will also wait till I see when the paperwork clears in Guz and do it again.

Thanks again to everyone, I truly would be lost without this site and the great people here. I even have a lawyer and he is very little help.

What format did you use in the letter?

Edited by lougars (see edit history)

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

Good Luck !

Dear Mr. John C. ,

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

1 Shamian South Street

PRC

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean with what "Format"

From: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/kvfaq.html

What documents will be in the instruction packet and appointment packet?

The Instruction packet in Guangzhou includes:

1. Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in English

2. Instruction packet (Packet 3) letter in Chinese

3. Instruction packet (Packet 3) supplemental information sheet

4. Application for immigrant visa and alien registration (DS-230 part I)

5. Instructions for immigrant visa applicants (OF-169)

6. Notice to all nonimmigrant visa applicants (list of CITIC Bank)

7. Evidence which may be presented to meet the public charge provisions of the law (OF-167)

The forms are available here:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Basically, if some address change snafu, the beneficiary can send in her own P-3 forms to the consulate, and have the address change noted in the cover letter.

You can also send them an "EMS MAILING LABEL" with the new address for the P-4 Interview Packet. Mike & Yizhen

Mike - ya - that wasn't so obvious - it's buried in the 230 instructions.

1. fax nvc with a letter

2. fax guz with a letter

4. email guz.

5. postal mail to nvc.

6. postal mail to guz.

Good Luck !

Dear Mr. John C. ,

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

1 Shamian South Street

PRC

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean with what "Format"

I thought that you had to have a letter to email them with, date, subject matter and so forth. I did email the embassy and they have a preformat form you use. I also got the samr response but without the ending we will update with the new address prior to sending out.

My apologies - I only mentioned the 'shotgun effect' cause of prior posts from CFL members who put address changes to the various entities, and had the P3 or P4 delivered to the wrong address, regardless. It's not consistent on this failure, some members had no problems simplying notifying GUZ via postal mail.

I think address changes are a problem prior to interview day, hence the 'shotgun' method.

My reasoning was 'surely, one o these entities can properly change it'.

Oh Well...