Clearance Delay China

This is normal. But there is the 'next' step, as well - for WAITING.

GUZ gets to the petitions on a FIFO-inventory basis, removing a set from the warehouse as it is ready for 'this set'.

Your petition could sit in the warehouse, waiting, anywhere from 1 to 2 months after being 'received' at the warehouse.

DHL calls it 'clearance delay', but , imo, it really isn't. Think about it this way - your petition is sitting in a bonded warehouse, waiting for the Consulate to 'get to it' on their own time schedule.

Your petition has been sitting for 3+ months already - I'd be a bit concerned, at this point, really. But - it hasn't been lost - it's in that FIFO queue.

FWIW, try calling back to DOS, and ask again. You might get a different answer the second time you call. Also, ask for 'history of status change' as well. IMO, being 3+ months out on 'clearance delay' is not normal. It MAY BE that this 'lag' is due to the various American and Chinese Holidays that GUZ observes, 'scheduling for warehouse pickup' gets affected.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

3 months for NVC to P-4 is well within the normal range, when the case is opened the interview is set, and you will only have approx. 30 days to prepare, you should be calling daily very soon! You will want to know as soon as possible, you don't want to wait for the P-4 to be delivered to learn the date of your interview. Mike & Yizhen

<_<

I posted on another thread. Our parents' package was also sent from NVC to GZ on Oct 22, 08 for P3 processing. I read it from another forum stating many packages were cleared the custom with mailing date of late December, 08 or early January 09. Some even got the interview dates. Aren't they clearing the custom according to the mailing date?? What a frustrating situation!!

We have been living in States for over 10 years but our parents weren't able to visit at all. Their visitors visas got rejected many times so we have to immigrant them in order for them to come here to visit us and spend time with their grandchildren. It's a long and frustrating process!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. I am glad I found this website.

JLock

Hey lock , if you look at the time line in this forum you will see the only dates processed were 11/6 11/7 for K-1 visa. I feel the same way GZ is getting slower and giving a lot more blue and white slips. I am so tired of the Bull S*** . they increased the price by over 300% so process would be faster. the only place it has helped in at NVC. It took almost 3 month to open application and cash check, then it sat in Vermont all 8 months, send to California and completed in 2 weeks, in and out of NVC in 2 months even with RFI, now it just sits in China all most 4 months

:)

Hey Trudger24, I totally understand your pain! Our case is considered IR5 which is for the parents¡¯ immigrant case. My sister who became the US citizen before me is actually the petitioner for our parents¡¯ cases so I didn¡¯t have the details on the timeline. I remembered she started the whole process early last year (As I said, our parents applied numerous times on non-immigrant visas to come to visit for our weddings, our children¡¯s births and etc but all got rejected so we have to immigrant them now!). I know NVC completed their case on Oct 22 and sent to GZ on the same day according to NVC. We have been tracking the packages/cases since late last November but got the same answer every day ¨C Custom Delay in China which is out of their control. My question is why GZ Consulate doesn¡¯t question why those packages are still held in the custom while the packages mailed by NVC in later dates got cleared!! I saw in another forum that early January¡¯s packages were cleared the custom. There is one lady in that forum gives updates on what time frame¡¯s packages are cleared the custom. One person got the interview day in mid March and her package was sent out by NVC on Nov. 21. Can you believe that?

Words can¡¯t describe the frustration our families have been gone through for the past 10 years! I got my permanent resident and later became US citizen through my employer which took me 7 years in total even though I did marry a US Citizen later on. I thought marriage should be the quickest but it looks like it¡¯s taking very long for you guys too. I hope our cases will go through soon so we can be reunited with our loved ones who are our parents, spouses or children!

JLock

The question I have is talked with DOS and they say it is the Chinese Government that is holding paper work.

That it has nothing to do with US Consulate and they have no control over it.I am sorry but having very hard time believing that. Does anyone know if that is true

ours, from nvc to when they decided to pick it up from warehouse ,storage, black hole,area 51,or where ever it comes from,took about 3 months,after that,i want to say,it took one week and my wifes p4 was sent out.yes,and interview in a month.The waiting is for them to get to your file.i know it seems like forever.some get it quicker than others.

jimi

On May 12, 2003, the NVC sent a 400+ lb. shipment of among others, approved and cleared fiance visa petitions, to GZ via DHL. The shipment arrived at DHL's Guangzhou facility on May 15, 2003. The shipment encountered a customs issue which prevented its delivery to the consulate-general. According to DHL, several attempts to contact GZ to resolve the issue have gone unanswered. It has now been more than 5 weeks, and GZ has failed to resolve this issue. If anyone is affected by this delay, you may consider requesting your legislators to make an inquiry for you. The DHL Air Waybill Number of the subject shipment is 9379975441.

I dig this up once in a while for a thread like this. This is what DHL had to say when a member contacted them about the delay, back in 2003