HELP! 2008 tax return

Hi everyone! Someone just told me I need my fiance's 2008 tax return for interview,but my finance said Taxes don't need to be filed until may. Will it be okay if I don't have 2008 tax at interview ? Or is there a way that can get 2008 tax this early?

when is the interview ?

if before April make sure at the very least you take W-2

Edited by Pommey (see edit history)

Hi everyone! Someone just told me I need my fiance's 2008 tax return for interview,but my finance said Taxes don't need to be filed until may. Will it be okay if I don't have 2008 tax at interview ? Or is there a way that can get 2008 tax this early?

when is the interview ?

if before April make sure at the very least you take W-2

Thank you for response.the interview date is on 11th this month :unsure:

Yes, it's true. "They" sometimes ask for the current year's tax return. Can't say I recall that anyone was asked for a return for the current year as early Feb though.

May? That's incorrect. Taxes are due April 15 unless you file an extension. It is possible to file now, if you have all your stuff. I've read that Federal e-filing is easy and free? Don't know about free, but it is easy. I filed yesterday. It's also possible to file now and then, file an amended return later.

It really boils down to this- if you can get it, then get it. If, and it's unlikely, you were asked for it, then you have it.

Yes, I agree with having a copy of the W-2 in hand.

Wait - your fiance is American, or Chinese? Are you talking about the applicant's USA tax return, or the beneficiary's Chinese tax return?

Why would your fiance be telling you when YOUR taxes are due?

Is the beneficiary (whether you or your fiance) filing a I-134?

details needed

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)