Please help me, who is correct my wife or I

Hmmm, interesting. I remember a conversation with my fiancee back in December about how bad the things were in the small little village of 100,000 she lives in. Many people out of work, and definite signs of an unhealthy economy. She wanted to know if the economy was bad here and I had to tell her that it started here and we are dragging the rest of the world with us.

That was bad on my part, now she is worried about me and what we are going to do. But I have been able to convince her that things aren't desperate yet, as I just received a raise in January.

I guess things are worse in the rural areas than the city, at least in China. Seems the opposite here.

I think what were saying here is neither of you are right or wrong, all media conviently leaves out pieces of information, this morning I watched routers news on the internet where it said Tibetan loyalist group members rioted when Hu Jintao traveled to the UK. On the news here in china it spoke of how well everything went in the UK and gave a 2 second speech at the end of how there was a disturbance during his visit but nothing about Tibetan rioters throwing gas bombs and such as the other had reported. Things left out, things sensationalized its all there in every media, its not new..... I think we all took a class on propaganda in school didn't we? And everyone is going to see what they want to see.

Personally, I allow my self about 30 minutes of news a day unless lao po turns it on in the evening.

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

Thank everyone for your observations, input and beliefs on this matter. I agree with some, disagree with some and have my own opinion on others.

I particularly liked Craig post as that is first hand information no news media misrepresenting thing there. Carl your post was what I see the most of.

Some folks still have their head in the sand but that is not unusual. It's their opinion. I have my own but I do try to think objectively. I know that the whole world is in an economic turmoil at the present time. Mostly caused by greedy corporate America. It is my opinion that NO COUNTRY HAS ESCAPED.

Jessie I do have to agree with you on one point. China does indeed report on what is happening in many other countries other than their own. I found that very admirable.

Oscar, I see what you are talking about in both medias not just from the anti-communist side of the issue in the USA. I have also seen the same thing while in China slanting the new in favor of the CCP to make China look good. You only watch Chinese news now? How can you make a comparison now. You can not make any objective conclusions concerning issues in the news if you only see one side. I perceive this as being the problem in China. The average citizen only sees one side of the story and the CCP will not allow any other side to be told.

A recent national oath ceremony that was presented throughout the world is a good example. China dubbed part of the ceremony because of a reference to communism. Did any other countries do that? I don't know. The only two that I am mostly concerned with is China and the USA. I would not be surprised if parts of this ceremony was edited in other countries as well.

I use this example only as it is the most recent and most well know example of media suppression that I know of. I present this with no political overtones to this example what-so-ever.

Jin, yes you see these terrible issues in the news every day almost. The only regret that I have is that the FBI can't catch all of them and they would be 10 times as many in the news every day instead of just one or two. I am sure that there are more in the woodwork. But you see it shows that it is being reported here and not suppressed that is why you see so much of it.

Concerning the corruption that has been going on in big the corporations that has ruined many Americans lives and has in part caused this economic turmoil if I were king for a day I would shoot ever one of them. It just makes me wonder how many billions of dollars these turds have in off shore bank accounts. None right?

I don't think so.

Larry

Another thread containing a serious amount of denial. :P

Ever wonder when so many post opposite that maybe you are the one in denial?
Oscar, I see what you are talking about in both medias not just from the anti-communist side of the issue in the USA. I have also seen the same thing while in China slanting the new in favor of the CCP to make China look good. You only watch Chinese news now?
No, I said I do not watch much USA news. I have watched them for a long time and see through them very easily. I gave you the link to boxun, you don't really think they are "slanting the new in favor of the CCP to make China look good" do you?

Another thread containing a serious amount of denial. :(

Oscar, I see what you are talking about in both medias not just from the anti-communist side of the issue in the USA. I have also seen the same thing while in China slanting the new in favor of the CCP to make China look good. You only watch Chinese news now?
No, I said I do not watch much USA news. I have watched them for a long time and see through them very easily. I gave you the link to boxun, you don't really think they are "slanting the new in favor of the CCP to make China look good" do you?

I get the truth from the "Onion" :blink:

Another thread containing a serious amount of denial. :ph34r:

I get the truth from the "Onion" :CopBust:

You can ALWAYS TRUST THE ONION... :baby:

I read Chinese news every day, five different sites including Boxun. I have quit reading USA news sites because it seems generally everything on China comes through their USA/anti-commie/threatened filter (especially Fox).

Oscar are you sure that this is not what you said in post # 3.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)