Eating the Food

the only thing I dont like is "tripe"

cats , dogs, horses, rats, mice all very tasty :lol:

if we ever get together... I promise to cook you some spicy tripe which will make you beg for more :P

I also could not stand it... till I was shown the proper and spicy way B)

Spicy tendon is better :P

those be fighting words :boxer: :lol: :vava:

In fact... while in Monterey Park :o , I found a love for spicy tendon and pig ear :eatyum:

So... let's fight over dinner next time together :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cats , dogs, horses, rats, mice all very tasty :lol:

if we ever get together... I promise to cook you some spicy tripe which will make you beg for more :P

those be fighting words :boxer: :lol: :vava:

In fact... while in Monterey Park :o , I found a love for spicy tendon and pig ear :eatyum:

You bet! When are you coming home?

cats , dogs, horses, rats, mice all very tasty :)

if we ever get together... I promise to cook you some spicy tripe which will make you beg for more :eatyum:

those be fighting words :boxer: :) :vava:

You bet! When are you coming home?

believe me... I think about it more than you know :P

---

Robert... I was just in Alabama last week on business trip... If your near Tuscaloosa, that's where I go...

I never judge what other cultures eat. I have a pretty open mind and will try almost anything. I ate horse meat the other day. It was good although a little dry. I like honey comb tripe in Vietnamese noodle soup. I too would not knowingly eat dog for the same reasons most of you stated. I refuse to look down on Chinese people because they eat it though. Having grown up on a farm I have made pets out of all kinds of animals I later ate but I am preconditioned to balk at the idea of eating dog. As far as food as medicine I believe 100%. My wife knows what foods are best to eat for what illness. Chinese medicine treats the body like a garden. Western medicine treats it like a machine. What you eat can and does affect your health. Tofu is a great source for protien and has no cholesterol. Try cuting it into slabs about 1/2" thick and rolling it in corn starch with seasonings then fry it. Add a little soy sauce and mmmmmm good. Chinese do eat some things that seem odd to us but if you stick to vegetables, meat and rice you will live longer and healthier. The only thing I have eaten I didn't like on this trip was chicken blood. I tried it but didn't like it.

I couldn't eat dog either, but don't judge Chinese who do. Just as I would hope if someone kept chickens as pets and couldn't eat them because of it they wouldn't consider me a murderer for eating Chicken :lol:

I wouldn't eat the Honeycomb tripe, but I loves me some chicken blood cubed up and put in chicken broth... It's like silken tofu made of meat.. hehe had that at the same dive restaurant where the medium-rare chicken gave me salmonella and we had to switch tables because the roaches wanted to share the first one. :lol:

I don't agree with you about Chinese medicine. I do agree so far as Chinese food is by and large healthier than American food. And that certain things are beneficial for certain conditions, but my (as of yesterday officially) ex-wife is in China now rotting from the inside while getting the benefit of amazing Chinese medicine for a condition that a pill a day would permanently control and reverse in the US. But at least her body is being treated like a garden and not a machine... :lol:

Edited by Jeikun (see edit history)

Well on my second trip I was aware of what I pretty much liked and disliked so the dining experience was better. Maybe it was just me but I prefer the food in Beijing over the food in Baotou.

They put some sort of seasoning on most of the meat in china I find terrible. Once I was able to nail down why the meat tasted like feet I was happy with the food. I found that chicken heart cooked over coals and with only salt is my favorite so far. I look here all the time for it but the best I can do is get a pack of gizzards and hearts, they don't sell just the heart here :D

I am going to bring some of my favorite seasonings with me next trip along with how and when to use them. I'll leave them with the family there. I cooked burritos last time I was there for mom and dad and Ting. I brought the flower wraps with me from the states, turned out to be a smart move.

They LOVED the food I made, said they never saw meat cooked that way before. It's food that brought Ting and I together in the first place, neither one of us were looking for a partner at the time either.

Went on line looking for a dumpling recipe and got me a fianc¨¦ instead. :P ;)

The duck intestine in a brown gravy sauce served with onions I found very good.

There is a dark colored sauce they have in a bowl they serve with duck meat, not sure what it was but I gagged when I tried it. As a rule of thumb I guess when eating the meat there, salt and pepper only and preferably cooked over coals and your golden. But once the cook starts reaching for that brownish spice that makes everything taste like feet, freak the hell out on him till he understands not to put that crap on your meats :lol:

Lucky for me I had me Ting to translate for me. ;)

and so says the Navy :lol:

Dang Trees :lol: B)

Now see, I've had dog many times..Quite good BBQ'd! Chicken feet...naw!!! Intestines, all that other gross stuff...naw.....

I can't think of any situation that I could possibly get myself into that could make me eat it, but you and anyone else that chooses to eat it, that's fine with me.

If you had read the entire thread, I pointed out that I understood how these came to be on the dinner table, they just aren't ever going to be on MY dinner table!

I guess it a matter of each person's taste.

What if your wife wants to have something "gross" ?

My wife wants beef kidney, I say I don't want it so she doesn't buy it.

I must say as far as the chicken feet go, my wife made some chicken feet soup once and even though it was different from the ones I had in China I tried them until I noticed they still had the toe nails and it did gross me out and I wouldn't eat them anymore. I might have even "turned" up my nose. :lol:

She can eat deep-fried Yak ass if that's what she wants. She will be the only one eating it. The only hard line I would have to draw would be foods that the sight of, or smell of, would make me hurl, don't come in the house. If she love pickled beets, she can go out to a restaurant and eat all she wants, and then she can go get a hotel room to stay in for a couple days until they have gone through her system and there isn't the slightest smell of them on her breath.

I gotta ask this ... The list of "things" that Asians call food is endless and, IMHO, 90% of it is disgusting...

How do you guys eat this stuff without puking?????? :ph34r:

I've got to ask this:

Do you intend to marry a Chinese gal and bring her home with you? If yes, do you intend to only allow her to cook American food once she is here?

If you don't like Asian food, I'd think picking an Asian wife would be an unfortunate mistake. :unsure:

Guest Tony n Terrific

I gotta ask this ... The list of "things" that Asians call food is endless and, IMHO, 90% of it is disgusting...

How do you guys eat this stuff without puking?????? :ph34r:

I've got to ask this:

Do you intend to marry a Chinese gal and bring her home with you? If yes, do you intend to only allow her to cook American food once she is here?

If you don't like Asian food, I'd think picking an Asian wife would be an unfortunate mistake. :unsure:

In China the only thing that is not eaten with 4 legs is the table you dine at. Better get use to having some exotic dishes prepared for you. My SO despises coffee and tea. She is from China and does not like tea? That is like not selling hotdogs a baseball game.

Guest Rob & Jin

How do you guys eat this stuff without puking?????? :blink:

I've got to ask this:

If you don't like Asian food, I'd think picking an Asian wife would be an unfortunate mistake. :ph34r:

In China the only thing that is not eaten with 4 legs is the table you dine at. Better get use to having some exotic dishes prepared for you. My SO despises coffee and tea. She is from China and does not like tea? That is like not selling hotdogs a baseball game.

now thats funny :lol: :clapping: