Eating the Food

The smell, no matter how faint, of pickled beets will make me hurl, and I mean right now! The taste, not smell, of Lima beans will do the same.

Just the opposite for me. Taste beets. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif Smell lima beans. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif

Ok guys, tell me what you think of soybeans? My wife cooks them and they are oh so good!!!

Never tried 'em. How does she cook 'em.

She cooks them the same as any other bean. She presoaks them then seasons them with pork or beef bone. They taste similar to navy beans but they really rock when cooked with noodles. :D

Ok, ya almost had me there til ya got to the tasting like navy beans part. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The smell, no matter how faint, of pickled beets will make me hurl, and I mean right now! The taste, not smell, of Lima beans will do the same.

Just the opposite for me. Taste beets. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif Smell lima beans. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif

Ok guys, tell me what you think of soybeans? My wife cooks them and they are oh so good!!!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck15.gif

Soybean.....nature's cardboard....

Only when used as such..........eaten as themselves, they are quite tasty.

IMO, I think being polite might be something to consider.

If you don't like it the food, don't eat it. I would however not condemn it because you don't like the look or what it is. At one point, China had millions starving to death during the Cultural Revolution when there was not enough food to eat.

I would dare to think if there was no food for you to eat, you would be glad to eat what was available.

I happen to like the Chicken feet served with morning tea in China.

I didn't eat anything too exotic like Dog, but I didn't turn my nose up to it.

Now see, I've had dog many times..Quite good BBQ'd! Chicken feet...naw!!! Intestines, all that other gross stuff...naw.....

I can't think of any situation that I could possibly get myself into that could make me eat it, but you and anyone else that chooses to eat it, that's fine with me.

If you had read the entire thread, I pointed out that I understood how these came to be on the dinner table, they just aren't ever going to be on MY dinner table!

IMO, I think being polite might be something to consider.

If you don't like it the food, don't eat it. I would however not condemn it because you don't like the look or what it is. At one point, China had millions starving to death during the Cultural Revolution when there was not enough food to eat.

I would dare to think if there was no food for you to eat, you would be glad to eat what was available.

I happen to like the Chicken feet served with morning tea in China.

I didn't eat anything too exotic like Dog, but I didn't turn my nose up to it.

Now see, I've had dog many times..Quite good BBQ'd! Chicken feet...naw!!! Intestines, all that other gross stuff...naw.....

I can't think of any situation that I could possibly get myself into that could make me eat it, but you and anyone else that chooses to eat it, that's fine with me.

If you had read the entire thread, I pointed out that I understood how these came to be on the dinner table, they just aren't ever going to be on MY dinner table!

Dog meat, no!! Intestines no!! I have tried chicken feet but I found it as only a vehicle for hot sauce. Too much grizzle for me.

I am disappointed with myself for not having tried Dog, but when I told her she said you had to go to a dog specialty restaurant so she started looking for one. When she pointed one out I looked at the sign and changed my mind because it was a sad faced basset hound type dog the sign artist had unaccountably painted. Why he thought that was good advertising I can't guess.

We used to eat snappin' turtle sometimes back on the farm, but I feel sorry for the turtles they raise in Asia.

Chawls, Lab on a slab, hickory smoked, is pretty good with the right BBQ sauce. Had some Filipino friends that used to have a BBQ every holiday...Lots of dogs running around their yard...all of them had holiday names!....Cat...no! too stringy and greasy...takes way too much preparation to make good meal! Internal organs...yuck!

There are many things on the menu I don't care for, some things I honestly wonder why they are even their because there is nothing edible on them (small baby birds bbq'd to a crisp with no meat on them)

Reminds me of the story told by our intrepid Mick, he of the mythic vanquishment of the dreaded GUZ, who told that over five years of living in China the strangest thing he ever tried was unborn mouse soup.

Edited by Robert S. (see edit history)

I am disappointed with myself for not having tried Dog, but when I told her she said you had to go to a dog specialty restaurant so she started looking for one. When she pointed one out I looked at the sign and changed my mind because it was a sad faced basset hound type dog the sign artist had unaccountably painted. Why he thought that was good advertising I can't guess.

We used to eat snappin' turtle sometimes back on the farm, but I feel sorry for the turtles they raise in Asia.

at a good restaurant serving fresh fish... you will be shown or choose the live fish; just be glad that your not shown the dog :ph34r:

I've had dog a few times... and I look forward to it more than any beef or chicken :greenblob:

I've noticed a baby sheep all over the restaurants serving sheep... most of the chinese I've got to restaurants with think the pictures are very cute :redblob:

There are many things on the menu I don't care for, some things I honestly wonder why they are even their because there is nothing edible on them (small baby birds bbq'd to a crisp with no meat on them)

Reminds me of the story told by our intrepid Mick, he of the mythic vanquishment of the dreaded GUZ, who told that over five years of living in China the strangest thing he ever tried was unborn mouse soup.

that would be "the three screams" dish :greenblob:

David, I am jealous of your experience with eating excellent lamb over there. I have heard that Xinjiang people go around and set up restaurants and little stands all over China to provide their lamb cuisine. When Ping tells about eating some of this she always imitates the guys turning the skewers, so cute.