A bit confused

Hello,

We mailed out AOS/EAD/AP together on jan 12th.. today we received the I-797C for only AOS and EAD with the appointment date for the biometric. And they both have its own application number. We tried to search our case on USCIS's website and customer service call but neither case can be located.. is this normal?

Also.. what's the difference between I-797 and I-797C. Is it normal that we don't receive one for the AP application? Could it come in a separate mail?

I just hope this doesn't mean our AP application got lost or forgotten.

Hello,

We mailed out AOS/EAD/AP together on jan 12th.. today we received the I-797C for only AOS and EAD with the appointment date for the biometric. And they both have its own application number. We tried to search our case on USCIS's website and customer service call but neither case can be located.. is this normal?

Also.. what's the difference between I-797 and I-797C. Is it normal that we don't receive one for the AP application? Could it come in a separate mail?

I just hope this doesn't mean our AP application got lost or forgotten.

1. You should've received 3 I-797C, NOA's for AOS, EAD & AP all at the same time, acknowledging receipt of the applications. They all have MSC #'s on them so that you can track the actions at USCIS website. They all should come about 10-14 days after you send to Chicago.

2. I believe the I-797C, that you received for AOS & EAD is the biometrics appointment, which is perfectly NORMAL, reflecting AOS/EAD. They are the only 2 actions that require Biometrics.

Good Luck