Someone Please Help

I have talked to JUZ on the phone and it seems when he talked to the info line last Thursday he was told there were actually "very few" clearances sent for Chinese people. I told him this was probably wrong, that the info line people don't know anything, but I would check into it some more. If someone remembers where the 5000 number originally came from will you please help by finding it and posting where I can look at it?

Despite this further confusion the letter will continue to go forward and is nearly finished. I am going to add a line to the effect that we don't have any *official* word about what is actually going on and this is very distressing to us.

I have talked to JUZ on the phone and it seems when he talked to the info line last Thursday he was told there were actually "very few" clearances sent for Chinese people.  I told him this was probably wrong, that the info line people don't know anything, but I would check into it some more.  If someone remembers where the 5000 number originally came from will you please help by finding it and posting where I can look at it? 

Despite this further confusion the letter will continue to go forward and is nearly finished.  I am going to add a line to the effect that we don't have any *official* word about what is actually going on and this is very distressing to us.

It was me Robert

This is what Andrew Simpkin told me about 2 weeks ago.

It was also confirmed by a few people.

I wonder if they lied to us to keep us poor dirt dwellers happy?

hi Robert,

the 5000 name clearance first came out from Mark ( thanks Mark:)) then some of the others who have talked to DOS also confirmed this information... one guy said he was told the number was 5100.

so I do think it's not a rumor :lol:

good luck to all of us!

I have talked to JUZ on the phone and it seems when he talked to the info line last Thursday he was told there were actually "very few" clearances sent for Chinese people.  I told him this was probably wrong, that the info line people don't know anything, but I would check into it some more.  If someone remembers where the 5000 number originally came from will you please help by finding it and posting where I can look at it?  

Despite this further confusion the letter will continue to go forward and is nearly finished.  I am going to add a line to the effect that we don't have any *official* word about what is actually going on and this is very distressing to us.

It was me Robert

This is what Andrew Simpkin told me about 2 weeks ago.

It was also confirmed by a few people.

I wonder if they lied to us to keep us poor dirt dwellers happy?

Mark,

There you go again! They probably told you 5.000 and you got the decimal point in the wrong place. :lol: :lol: :lol: >Jim

acually it .0005 and thye dont know where the rest of a whole is.

All,

At the risk of getting flamed for abusing the "pinning" system, I have brought to the forefront the threads where people first reported news concerning the 5,000 security clearances being sent to Guangzhou. I feel that it is important that we track down the validity of this information, since it seems to currently be in question. Could someone please help try to verify this information?

Thanks,

P.J.

All,

Based on the information I received from Robert and Jim (thanks, gentlemen!), Robert has received confirmation that the number is correct.

I have unpinned the threads I dug up from early this month and let them sink back to their appropriate places in the history of this forum.

Thanks,

P.J. :lol:

Guest bbridges51

And just to really depress your day, rumor is that 5000 is what cleared and is currently being processed in GZ, but that at least another 5K are backlogged.

Oh, sometimes the glass is half empty.

Brian