Hey everyone! New here and just had a quick question. My fiance's interview for a K1 visa is coming up on Feb 11th in Guangzhou. I'll be going also and attending the ACH. I already sent her nearly 2 pounds of 'kitchen sink' stuff. But my question is, should I fill out a new 134 and have it notorized? It seemed clear on the instructions that it didn't need to be yet from reading the forums here it seems like it's done anyways. And if so, should I have other letters notorized as well? Thanks in advance!

Jon & Cindy

Guest Dylan W

A new 134? Where is the old one? You didn't need to supply it for the I-129F so I'm confused. Anyways, you will need that/and notarized, as well as your supporting tax documents and employment letters and such. You might as well just get it done here and save the money, I hear the notary at the consulate is very pricey.

A new 134? Where is the old one? You didn't need to supply it for the I-129F so I'm confused. Anyways, you will need that/and notarized, as well as your supporting tax documents and employment letters and such. You might as well just get it done here and save the money, I hear the notary at the consulate is very pricey.

Yes I saw the prices and I don¡¯t recall the exact amount bit I remember it making me flinch hard

Guest Dylan W

Yes I saw the prices and I don¡¯t recall the exact amount bit I remember it making me flinch hard

I think it is like $30.

Hello Jon and Cindy - Welcome to CFL !

I don't agree with Dylan at all, about not notarizing a document at GUZ. I suggest you go, and get it done, prior to her interview date.

Also bring 3 years of tax info, along with an employment letter on company letterhead.

So - just for the short list - if you can make it to ACS, bring the I-134 and an Evolution of Relationship letter, have them both notarized at GUZ prior to her interview. Tell the Consular Official that you are doing it for a K-1 visa, give the GUZ case number. They'll make some entry on the computer that you were there, prior to the interview. If you wanna be fussy, take yer kitchen sink to ACH, too, and make some questions about something in your kitchen sink, show it to a consular official.

Most Consular Officials that 'attend ' at ACS and ACH are in the pool of Visa Officers that will interview yer lass on her Interview Day. So if you can show up, let them see yer kitchen sink, have some notary work done, it leans in her favor - they make notes in her casefile, prior to interview.

FWIW, a NEW I-134, to me, means yer including 2008 tax year data, when before, you dinna have it available.

Enjoy !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest Dylan W

Thanks for the info and the welcome! Actually I meant I mailed a 134 to her already but I'll print a new one out and have it notorized here. She is already telling me 'I told you so!' :cheering:

Thanks again!

Jon & Cindy

Sounds like you've got a smart lady on your hands! And you're watching out for the mop already, hoho! I recommend to just get all your notary done here in the states, for cheap or free, then all you need to do in Guangzhou is attend the ACH, prepared and ready to go. B)

Welcome to CFL! :D

FOUND IT :rolleyes:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/no...ces_260608.html

Notary Services

Consular Officers perform notary services customarily provided by Notaries Public in the United States. Persons requiring such services should visit American Citizen Services during regular office hours. Please note that a consular officer cannot witness a will, validate that a document is genuine, or that statements made are true. The officer can only attest to the oath taken by the person making the statements or presenting the documents. Please note that American Citizen Services can only authenticate copies of documents issued by the U.S. Department of State.

Hours of operation

Weekdays 9:00 - 11:30 am, 1:30 - 3 pm

Telephone inquiries: 020-8518-7605 (8:30 ¨C 12:30 pm, 1:30 ¨C 5:30 pm)

Click here to make an appointment.

Required items at time of notarization

• The documents to be notarized

• Identification (passport or driver's license)

• Witnesses, if necessary

• Fee

Fees

Notarials/Certified Copies:

$30.00 for the first signature/seal

$20.00 for each additional signature/seal, if the documents are used for the same purpose

Cash, traveler¡¯s checks, and credit cards are accepted.

FOUND IT :rolleyes:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/no...ces_260608.html

Notary Services

Consular Officers perform notary services customarily provided by Notaries Public in the United States. Persons requiring such services should visit American Citizen Services during regular office hours. Please note that a consular officer cannot witness a will, validate that a document is genuine, or that statements made are true. The officer can only attest to the oath taken by the person making the statements or presenting the documents. Please note that American Citizen Services can only authenticate copies of documents issued by the U.S. Department of State.

Hours of operation

Weekdays 9:00 - 11:30 am, 1:30 - 3 pm

Telephone inquiries: 020-8518-7605 (8:30 ¨C 12:30 pm, 1:30 ¨C 5:30 pm)

Click here to make an appointment.

Required items at time of notarization

• The documents to be notarized

• Identification (passport or driver's license)

• Witnesses, if necessary

• Fee

Fees

Notarials/Certified Copies:

$30.00 for the first signature/seal

$20.00 for each additional signature/seal, if the documents are used for the same purpose

Cash, traveler¡¯s checks, and credit cards are accepted.

Just one note...anything used for the VISA, I.E. 134 forms are NO CHARGE for notarization at GUZ. I think you are oh so smart to get a new 134 and have it Notarized at the Consulate. I believe during this process, that I was asked about 10-15 questions relative to the VIsa - and IMHO it really helped with the Pink. My fiance only had to deal with the Prior Marriages and Age issues. Best of Luck.

Just one note...anything used for the VISA, I.E. 134 forms are NO CHARGE for notarization at GUZ. I think you are oh so smart to get a new 134 and have it Notarized at the Consulate. I believe during this process, that I was asked about 10-15 questions relative to the VIsa - and IMHO it really helped with the Pink. My fiance only had to deal with the Prior Marriages and Age issues. Best of Luck.

what kind of questions did you ask?

My recent experience was very good with notarizing at ACS. The I-134 was done already but I took an evolution letter, which they charged for.

However, after speaking with the officer for a few minutes he took a look at the letter and actually asked questions about it pointing out areas that sometimes give them concern. He asked me about those areas and I was able to respond and he typed my answers into her file. If nothing else, it made weiwei very happy and more confidant going into the interview.

Be sure to make an appt online. Without an appt you just take a number and wait your turn. With an appt you go directly to the first window and tell her what you need. You still have to wait for the documents to be notarized.

I'd definitely do the I-134 notarization. I had a similar experience with the notary making some notes in the file. Some have even speculated, and I tend to agree, that they go ahead and scan in your I-134 into the computer. I think anything they can do to make things easier and eliminate some work for visa officers the day of the interview, they will do it. A couple of hundred people show up looking for visas everyday. Whenever a member on this site says they decide pass/fail before an interview, I'm pretty sure this and ACH would be a significant step towards the "pass" side!

And yes the notarization was free. GOOD LUCK!!!

After ACH, I also had I-134 and Evolution letter notarized, the VO at ACH told me it would be free because it was for a visa interview. They didn't ask me any questions, but they were gone for 20 min. and a different VO returned them to me. There was no charge. I hope this helps, and we wish you good luck, Mike & Yizhen