GUZ still ticklin' my funny bone...

I can only laugh at the absurdity of this whole F'ing letter, from the 4th word to the last sentence. :(

After 10 months of waiting in blue slip hell our denial was given to us on May 21st of 2008.

Anyone want to lay some money of the petition getting back to Vermont before the end of this year? :D We got the same letter back in June of last year.... :)

Some body wake me up when Vermont sends me a letter. :)

30 DEC 2008

Dear visa applicant

The consulate has carefully evaluated your application for your application for an immigrant visa .The consulate is returning your petition to the U.S. Citizenship and services (CIS) via the National visa Center for review and possible revocation ,The Consulant visa section has taken this step because of the reason marked below, should you, the petitioner, or your attorey have any questions concerning your case, make a request in writing to the CIS office where your petition was originally filed, Do not contact the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou or submit any additional documentation,as the Consulate will not be able to respond to any questions regarding the status of your case.

The consulate has determined , based on your testimony, documents and any other evidence, that you do not have a bona fide relationship with your petitioner.

tsap seui

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should send in the rebuttal before the paperwork gets back to the States. After all, the letter said "should you, the petitioner, or your attorey have any questions concerning your case, make a request in writing to the CIS office where your petition was originally filed." It didn't say that you have to wait until the file gets back to them...

Maybe you should send in the rebuttal before the paperwork gets back to the States. After all, the letter said "should you, the petitioner, or your attorey have any questions concerning your case, make a request in writing to the CIS office where your petition was originally filed." It didn't say that you have to wait until the file gets back to them...

Hey Tsap, really nice to hear from you again and to know you are doing better. But also, sorry to hear of this kick in the teeth. I know you've got a Plan B and you'll forge ahead with that, but you wouldn't be human if this didn't bother you.

The NABR thing has really gotten out of control. Everything now is because of a NABR. The only thing that scares me is that once enough rebuttal evidence has been shown to eliminate the NABR crap, what will GUZ find next to seize upon as a reason to 'bone' folks? And then, everyone will have to start all over again, questioning how this next reason is applied to their situations until that, too, is finally eliminated. Then, GUZ will move on to another reason.

Maybe you might want to think about filing both a DOS and a USCIS FOIA request for the actual denial reason(s). I'm in that process now and so far the USCIS one looks pretty promising. If nothing else, it helps me kill time until I can out my Plan B into effect, so I have nothing else to do but wait.

Take it all with a grain of salt, Tsap. You've been through much worse in your life so this 'don't mean nothing'. We're all a family here and we all care for one another, so just remember that there's a lot of folks who ARE on your side! At least you know this won't stop you from being with your lady!

Take Care,

Splinterman

Hey Cuzin Tsap, just a few weeks ago after my wife and I came stateside, I got a letter in the mail from the USCIS saying that my original K1 is outside the processing time (NOID) and they are checking into the matter. B)

Ya reckon I oughta call them and tell 'em NO FREAKIN THANKS or should I tell 'em to put it in the ye ole junk heap? :P

Hey Cuzin Tsap, just a few weeks ago after my wife and I came stateside, I got a letter in the mail from the USCIS saying that my original K1 is outside the processing time (NOID) and they are checking into the matter. :lol:

Ya reckon I oughta call them and tell 'em NO FREAKIN THANKS or should I tell 'em to put it in the ye ole junk heap? :lol:

I say play on, push them for a chance to respond to the determination from GUZ. Shoot you paid for the service, let them earn their money. :P

Hey Cuzin Tsap, just a few weeks ago after my wife and I came stateside, I got a letter in the mail from the USCIS saying that my original K1 is outside the processing time (NOID) and they are checking into the matter. :unsure:

Ya reckon I oughta call them and tell 'em NO FREAKIN THANKS or should I tell 'em to put it in the ye ole junk heap? :lol:

I say play on, push them for a chance to respond to the determination from GUZ. Shoot you paid for the service, let them earn their money. :P

Hey Charles, I say 'go for it' and don't tell them a thing! Just let it take it's course and see how far it goes and how long it takes before they realize that they blew it long ago! Let it be YOUR entertainment after you were THEIR entertainment for so long...

As Moe, Larry and Curly would say: NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK!!! LOL

Just curious,

When official notice is mailed to the petitioner of the denial, what reasons are provided to show the basis for the belief that the marriage is not "bona fide".

It is my understanding that the reasons must be based on fact, not opinion or suspicion. The guidance memos and Foreign Affairs Manuel require specific documentation for the basis of such a decision. Red flags do not form a factual basis.

Jay

Just curious,

When official notice is mailed to the petitioner of the denial, what reasons are provided to show the basis for the belief that the marriage is not "bona fide".

It is my understanding that the reasons must be based on fact, not opinion or suspicion. The guidance memos and Foreign Affairs Manuel require specific documentation for the basis of such a decision. Red flags do not form a factual basis.

Jay

Jay, in the words of my favorite cartoon character, the dashing Foghorn Leghorn, let me politely say..."I say boy, I say there ain't no laws or rule books in Guangzhou, China." :)

If the visa officers working in the american consulate in Guangzhou ever worried about things like REAL facts or what was written in a Foreign Affairs Manual ....it was forgotten, and or dropped WELL BEFORE my time. :unsure: :toot:

No one is "minding the store" in Guangzhou...there is no oversight BY ANYONE THe VO's will lie through their teeth to you and believe any conjecture and speculation they make up before they will allow the truth to be known.

"Did not prove a bona fide relationship is a catch all phrase used by the consulate, every white slip seems to say it, and you and your congressman won't find out what the REAL reason until your service center sends you the letter...which is pretty unlikely to happen.

I am no longer angry but I will speak the truth here, and partner, I don't hold it back either. :D

You should be okay Jay, they seem to pick randomly who gets the winning prize and who gets pooped on....I wiped their poop off of myself many months ago and it is comical to me now...as we said in the jungles of Nam..."it don't mean a f'ing thing."

Anyone that gets a white slip just needs to prepare themselves for a 2 year delay...then after you work your plan B you will see that your loved one will get the winning ticket on their second try with the goon squad. Some of us simply have to await the 2 year delay, that's all. :)

In our particular case I will simply wait to see if anything comes in the mail to me. I am not about to stir up a hornets nest by trying to address in a new petition what I think we were denied for...I really have no clue what is wrongand if I wrote something to the USCIS trying to explain or refute something, I am sure I would be completely wrong...and then I have opened up a whole new can of worms with what I thought was wrong.

A funny note here is...if they don't hurry up and send me the rebuttal letter I am going to send the USCIS a change of address form....and it will be written in Chinese, and english because I will be living my bona fide relationship with the lil' rabbit in Chinatucky within the next 6 months. :lol: I'll send them an 8 X 10 sticker with my new address so thay can put it on their envelope they send the rebuttal letter in. :lol:

Within 3 months now I will be heading over to marry the lil' rabbit, then come back, finish up my work with the VA and head back to start my time of living in China so we can file a DCF for an IR-1 type visa (a CR-1 that becomes an IR-1 with our 2 years of marriage before she sets foot in Uncle Samville).

Thanks for the well wishes, I am doing excellently with my new heart plumbing. Let me say to anyone with a history of heart trouble within their family DO NOT TRUST the treadmill stress test, it is pure bullshit. I tested in the top 5% of my age group and I had 3 veins that were 90% blocked and the other was 85% blocked...by all means get the nuclear stress test...that test saved my life. I was told by my surgeons that I had a week, maybe two weeks and I was gonna have the BIG one, Martha. There wasn't gonna be lights flashing on the ambulance because time isn't critical to take a body to a morgue.

Yes Randy, Guangzhou has some dern good terlet paper, it doesn't clump up and leave klingons every where and I rate it an 8 for "scrape" ability. ;)

tsap seui

You know tsap, I think that's what honks me off about the deal. Okay, play the "game" bone fide whatever. But at least follow through and give us the reason so we can rebut/appeal. When the ball is dropped by them at that stage, that's where the lack of oversight comes in. Since it worked out for me, I shouldn't care. BUT I DO. That is what the rules/regulations say. IMHO