EAD for K4

Try a different office. We just walked in and showed the form, passport with the visa, I-94 and the lady looked up the needed information and said we would have the card in 2 weeks. We got them both in about 1 week. The lady told me K3/K4 were differnt and were allowed to have a SSN issued. I found one office that said my family could not have a SSN until they had a green card. I just tried a office in a city with many immigrants and had no problem. Hope this helps, Bob

Thanks a lot, guys, for these helpful replies.  According to that SSA web site there is not reason why my K3 visaholder wife should not be able to get a SSN.  But my local office says we have to wait until after we get her EAD.

There is the memo :-) Print the SSA website section saying that, bring it to your local SSA office and demand service ! ;) SS policies are FEDERAL, not state's little pond with a big fish in it.

See my previous post.

Well.. Topic says K4.... You say K3.. Which is it ?? :lol:

If you have time on your hand read the new New Interim Instructions for processing SSN applications for aliens ( it's 42 page long ;) ). Effective July 2002

Thanks a lot, guys, for these helpful replies.  According to that SSA web site there is not reason why my K3 visaholder wife should not be able to get a SSN.  But my local office says we have to wait until after we get her EAD.

There is the memo :-) Print the SSA website section saying that, bring it to your local SSA office and demand service ! ;) SS policies are FEDERAL, not state's little pond with a big fish in it.

See my previous post.

Well.. Topic says K4.... You say K3.. Which is it ?? ;)

It's both!!! :lol:

Print the memo, yes!!! I can do a screen print! Let me try this.