I-751 Timelines

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I was wondering about Candle members experience when it comes to timelines for removing conditions on K-visas? I will be filing the I-751 for both my wife and daughter next week. It looks like I will be sending them to the Vermont Service Center, as stipulated in the I-751 for Florida residents.

As best I understand, the following are the chain of events:

1. Send I-751

2. Service center acknowledges receipt of package and provides a receipt number, available online; I think a hard copy is mailed also.

3. Check(s) are cashed

4. Biometrics ordered

5. Biometrics completed

6. Interview, if any, how many have had them for K-visas?

7. Green card production ordered

8. Green card received

Just trying to get an idea as to what others have been experiencing.

Thanks in advance

The biometrics appointment comes extremely fast these days, expect to have an appointment scheduled within 30 days of filing.

We didn't have an interview, but I believe this is often determined by the evidence supplied with the case. From mailing to green card arrival took 5 months.

BTW the case number on the receipt will not show up on the online system and is replaced when you receive the biometrics letter, this case number will show up in the system.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience with I-751 timelines. I completed the paperwork and sent if off this AM for processing. All this paperwork is just NOT fun. To be sure, my wife and daughter are both very grateful for the hard work we all do for them.

It just cannot be said too many times how valuable this site really is when it comes time to file immigration paperwork. Sharing experiences with one another truly helps in reducing the number of errors and headaches.

;)

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jesse,

here is my preparation:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29296

and the approval, sending to VSC from FL took about 13 months, without interview.

Thanks David. Great work and detail.

As mentioned, I sent the package off this morning. Lan and Sarah must return to the US before Lan's card expires on 2/29. There, they will wait until the biometrics appointment and complete it. Sarah will remain in the US, and Lan will return to China to be with me. How's that for a logistical challenge....?

;)

Jesse,

here is my preparation:

and the approval, sending to VSC from FL took about 13 months, without interview.

As mentioned, I sent the package off this morning. Lan and Sarah must return to the US before Lan's card expires on 2/29. There, they will wait until the biometrics appointment and complete it. Sarah will remain in the US, and Lan will return to China to be with me. How's that for a logistical challenge....?

:greenblob:

The NOA1 will extend her GC by a year.... but make sense to wait for biometrics. Where will they stay? I may still end up in Orlando!

Guest ShaQuaNew

We filed the last week in Oct 08, and my wife got her new 10 year card last week. It was roughly 10 weeks, however that was the CA service center.

Hello Ken, nice to hear from you. I hope you and Jie are doing well. Sarah may be moving to the Denver area this year and staying with some old friends of mine. I recall your timeline and mine being quite close, with you and Jie being a few weeks ahead of us.

All the best,

Jesse

Guest ShaQuaNew

Jesse,

here is my preparation:

:blink:

The NOA1 will extend her GC by a year.... but make sense to wait for biometrics. Where will they stay? I may still end up in Orlando!

Lan has a Chinese friend that owns a restaurant in the Debary area. Lan and Sarah plan to stay with her. Sarah may later move to the Denver area to finish school.

Our Time line is listed below and we went through Vermont. The Vermont online processing ??/??/???? is behind at least a month when I was looking at it during our processing time. I don't know if it's still behind or has it caught up.

Hi amerchin, I'm confused that you filed for I-751 around 6 months before the 2-yr expiration. I thought earlier than 3 months isn't allowed? @_@

I file my lovely wifes papers for her 10 GC back in mid Dec

Yesterday "1/21/09" we went in for her interview as they called it,

but there was no interview only finger prints and photos was take.

In was very painless, less than 15 minutes in and out.

Emma was so worried cuz she didn't have her passport as it was

sent off to be renewed....

The only things that was ask for was......

the paper showing we had an apointment, Texas DL and her 2

year GC.

Really I was suprised on how these folks handle things and to tell

the truth they was even nice and showed a smile to everyone

Was told from 2-4 months before the 10 year green card would

appear in our mail box.......

guess we will see if thats true or not...