More AOS questions

Let me start with the easiest question. Is an infopass appointment required or is it just used to answer questions that you can't get answered elsewhere. In other words, what is the purpose of an infopass appointment?

Next, I am making good headway on my various forms, but I have a few questions that did not get answered by the sample forms that I looked at on visa journey.

On G-28

In the first block where it says In re:

I put AOS from K1 fiancee to Perm. Cond. Resident. (Is that OK?)

I entered my wife as the petitioner (Correct?)

I did not list her 20 year old son on this form. Should I list him too or should I fill out a separate one for him? (I'm thinking I should fill out a separate one for him and have him sign it)

In the block that says check applicable items I chose

4. Others (Explain Fully) and I wrote in -

I am _____________'s husband. We were married on 12/15/2008.

In that same block I think I should print and sign my name, ph. no., etc.

In the final block where it says Name of Attorney or Representative, I printed my full name. Then, where it says, The Above Disclosure IS....,

I wrote -

Adjustment of my status from K1 Visa holder to Permanent Legal Resident with Condition.

I-765 is a little confusing. I think I need to fill out a separate one for both wife and son, but I am having a little difficulty understanding the correct answers for each of them for question number 16.

I-131 is very confusing.

I looked at the sample on VJ, but they only filled out such a small portion of it, I am really not sure what to do.

And finally, how long is my employment verification letter that I obtained for Guangzhou valid? Do I need to get another one?

Thanks for any and all help I can get. You guys are the best. :D

On the G-28 you will need one for each form submitted for each "Applicant", they are no longer beneficiaries.

Use the form title that applies for each G-28:

I-485
, Application to Adjust Status

I-131
,Application for Travel Document

I-765
,Application for Employment Authorization

Both your wife and son will be listed as the Applicant.

If your wife is taking your family name you need to complete each of these forms in her NEW name, the G-325a provides a place to show her passport name.

Item 4 should be "Husband of Applicant" or "step-father of applicant" and complete the name and address blocks.

In the "THE ABOVE CONSENT" use the same form title as used in the "In Re" block.

I-765 #16 ( c )( 9 ) - see instructions 7a.

Remember your son does NOT have an A#, leave it blank and they will fill this for you when they assign it. Also neither will have a case number so leave this blank as well for all the forms.

I-131 -

Class of Admission - K-1 Visa Holder/K-2 Visa holder.

Part 2 - check box D

Part 3 - Complete #1 & 2 with some vacation plans for 3 months from now.

#3 - Check NO

Now to Part 7 - Check more than one trip.

Part 7 #3 check the first box to send it to the address in part 2.

Complete part 8 & 9.

Be sure to complete the empty blocks with N/A.

I'd get a new employment letter that is dated after their arrival.

Let me start with the easiest question. Is an infopass appointment required or is it just used to answer questions that you can't get answered elsewhere. In other words, what is the purpose of an infopass appointment?

Infopass is not required. It is available for those that need to ask questions about their case. USCIS used to be hammered everyday with long ass information lines. So to address that problem they now require an infopass to ask information. You can not go to the information window without an infopass. An infopass is basically an appointment just to ask information.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
  • 4 months later...

For the G-28, what should I put in the <Date> & <File No.> fileds in the first block? Thanks.

File # = A#, if adjusting from a K-1 you will find this on the I-129F approval notice, above benificiary's name.