Bank to Bank Wire?

xoom.com is bank to bank and cheaper than Western Union.

Thanks! Have you ever used xoom? I really like the way xoom looks. Is the money deposited direct to her account? What do you think of the account info she provided me with? Is it normal for an account number to be her name? What of the block number and code? I have asked her twice and this is what she gives me and it is very different from anything I have seen in the USA.

I have used xoom quite a bit. You only need to give her bank name, account number, phone number, and address. The first time you send the money they will call her at the number you provide. It takes about 6 days for the money to arrive at her bank. It is very easy and safe.

Yep just sent it with xoom and they did ask for a phone number. I like the way they keep you notified by email too. As long as she gets it before 26th all is okay.

Thanks! Have you ever used xoom? I really like the way xoom looks. Is the money deposited direct to her account? What do you think of the account info she provided me with? Is it normal for an account number to be her name? What of the block number and code? I have asked her twice and this is what she gives me and it is very different from anything I have seen in the USA.

I have used xoom quite a bit. You only need to give her bank name, account number, phone number, and address. The first time you send the money they will call her at the number you provide. It takes about 6 days for the money to arrive at her bank. It is very easy and safe.

Yep just sent it with xoom and they did ask for a phone number. I like the way they keep you notified by email too. As long as she gets it before 26th all is okay.

They should call her almost immediately. Let me know if you have any questions. You will get an email that says they are in the process of depositing but actually the money is already there. It is the easiest and cheapest that I have found by doing it all from your computer.

They should call her almost immediately. Let me know if you have any questions. You will get an email that says they are in the process of depositing but actually the money is already there. It is the easiest and cheapest that I have found by doing it all from your computer.

My GF wrote me and told me she has the money now. This is the first time I have used xoom and I am pleased. :D

• 2 months later...
My wife wants to send some money to China. I recalled this thread and I told her using Zoom is supposed to be quick, easy and cheap.

True, it's quick and easy. She disagrees that it's cheaper. Overall. Here's why. Read the fine print of the Zoom transfer cost estimator and it tells you something like this: "Oh, by the way, Zoom will make money on the exchange rate of your transfer."

Granted Zoom is $14.95 vs. WU at $17 for a $2000 USD transfer. Look at today's exchange rate:

WU 6.8106479 yields 13,621.38 CNY

Zoom 6.7294 yields 13,458.79 CNY

Ask your SO how far across town they would go to save 162 CNY (about $21 USD)? Or, said another way- Tell her you 'wasted' 162 CNY and see what happens....

At any rate, my wife won't use Zoom unless it's to somebody such as her Mom who never uses WU or an ATM.