waybill number for August 29th

NVC assigns your case with a GUZ number and then the IV unit will assign a new GUZ number to it once it is in the system. Also, there will be a GUZ number assigned to the I-130 by NVC. Three different GUZ numbers. Follow the delayed mail by the DHL tracking number. At the same time, e-mail GZ once a week to get a record going. When DHL shows the mail delivered is the time to pay close attention to your case. Maybe increase e-mails to twice a week because after the mail has been delivered to the consulate, P3's should be coming out soon. 3 weeks in our case. I know times differ but this is the way to stay in touch withe your case.

-good luck

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasted below is the reporting to date of the August 29 DHL shipment. It's confusing to me, however, because as I read it I notice at 13:40 on September 1 that clearance processing was completed. Then at 21:09, same day, it reads "clearance delay" and that remains the current status. What am I not understanding with this reporting?

Manchester, NH - USA

Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

Clearance delay as of: September 30, 2003 21:08

9447988911 - Detailed Report

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 29, 2003

15:38   Manchester, NH - USA   Shipment picked up

August 29, 2003

20:37   Manchester, NH - USA   Departed from Manchester, NH - USA

August 30, 2003

00:15   Cincinnati, OH - USA   Arrived at DHL Hub Cincinnati, OH - USA

August 30, 2003

09:23   Cincinnati, OH - USA   Departed from DHL Hub Cincinnati, OH - USA

September 01, 2003

05:02   Hong Kong Hub - Hong Kong   Departed from Hong Kong Hub - Hong Kong

September 01, 2003

13:34   Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic   Arrived at DHL Gateway Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

September 01, 2003

13:40   Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic   Arrived at DHL Gateway Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

September 01, 2003

13:40   Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic   Clearance processing complete at Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic

September 01, 2003

21:09   Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic   Clearance delay

September 30, 2003

21:08   Guangzhou - China, Peoples Republic   Clearance delay

It's confusing to me, however, because as I read it I notice at 13:40 on September 1 that clearance processing was completed.  Then at 21:09, same day, it reads "clearance delay" and that remains the current status.  What am I not understanding with this reporting?

When I checked with DHL on this, they told me that the package had cleared customs, but they were waiting for "paperwork" from the recipient.

I took this to mean that the package is ready for pickup, but GZ hadn't gotten around to getting it yet. :(

It's confusing to me, however, because as I read it I notice at 13:40 on September 1 that clearance processing was completed.  Then at 21:09, same day, it reads "clearance delay" and that remains the current status.  What am I not understanding with this reporting?

When I checked with DHL on this, they told me that the package had cleared customs, but they were waiting for "paperwork" from the recipient.

I took this to mean that the package is ready for pickup, but GZ hadn't gotten around to getting it yet. :(

The whole mailing routine is strange. As I understand it, DHL is responsible for getting the mail delivered to the consulate. As of now, the mail is held by CAN customs until DHL can present the proper release papers. The petitions aren't under diplomatic pouches anymore and now fall under international mail regulations partly governed by China law. DHL needs papers from the embassy or consulate before the mail is released. This may work to the consulates advantage in some way. I'm sure it does since I was told by the consulate that this is only normal business.

This is what I have pieced together about the mail. The consulate will have it delivered when they are ready.

-good luck

Are you e-mailing the IV unit once a week??? and if so, what is there response time and their message to you about your case?

For the first two emails, no response whatsoever, but the third email got a response in one day. I guess I needed to reach a critical mass before they took notice.

Dear Frank ******,

Thanks for your email. We've checked our files for your fiancee based

on the information you provided, but could not locate any record. You have our assurance once the case reaches us, we will set it under processing as

soon as possible.

Yours Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

This one was dated 9/25 and, despite the information, it was nice to see such a quick turnaround. My next email will go later this week.

I have been E-mailing about once every seven days, I have recieved no response, however, my fiancee has been calling and got thru twice and the message is the same as above........no case record yet, we will contact you once we receive it.....

My thoughts are GZ may accumulate a certain amount of cases and then send out one big mailing....so those who get caught in the beggining of the the batch wait the longest for P3. Just a guess?

I know of some cases forwarded to GZ in July still have not received P3 yet.

Is GZ just completely swamped or is this Gov inefficiency at work here?

Hi, Francine-gg. This is Karen. We met you and your Francin at Beijing Capital Hotel on Aug 3rd. Do you still remember us? I wanted to send a message to you but I'm new here. I hit the PM button, I think maybe I sent a message to your email box...hehe...This time I hit Quote button, hope can post the message here.

Good Luck to get P3 soon!

I'm starting to think that I'm back at TSC checking an on-line status message that never changes. DHL's website is still showing clearance delays for the 8/29 shipment.

The last time I called DHL, they said that I should get in touch with the recipient and ask them why they haven't completed the paperwork. No sh*t, Sherlock <_<

As least, this delay has given Jingwen the time to gather the remaing documents for the upcoming interview. The police certificates were outdated, so she needed new ones. The daughter's birth certificate had a typo in the English version, so this was corrected.

Some one asked me the other day what's up. I said my blood pressure :blink:

The longest wait between a NVC mailing date and a DHL delivery date is 79 days.

79 days is a long time! When was this? Any idea since, let's say, March 1st, of the shortest and longest wait times from NVC mailing date until actual receipt of package by the U.S. Consulate in GZ? Is it a first-to-arrive, first-to-deliver process? Or would that make too much sense?

79 days is a long time! When was this? Any idea since, let's say, March 1st, of the shortest and longest wait times from NVC mailing date until actual receipt of package by the U.S. Consulate in GZ? Is it a first-to-arrive, first-to-deliver process? Or would that make too much sense?

Yeah. I heard that one parcel delivered in May and arrived in GZ a few days later, but the Consulate picked it up in Aug.!

I wonder why they need to use DHL, they can deliver all parcels via ocean shipping. :(

Yeah. I heard that one parcel delivered in May and arrived in GZ a few days later, but the Consulate picked it up in Aug.!

I wonder why they need to use DHL, they can deliver all parcels via ocean shipping. :(

Look at the post"waybill No. for July 29th". I have listed the dates there. These dates can be used as a gauging tool of some sorts. It is all that is available for the time being.