New protocol at the medical?

The hospital in Beijing is telling Weiwei that as of Jan 1 they no longer take any forms but the medical forms and everything else she just brings to the consulate. They told her to only bring passport, visa photos, appointment letter, and the medical forms. So NO DS 156, 156K, 157, supplemental forms or bank receipt.

Are others at this point in the process getting the same story?

The hospital is also telling her if she doesn't get immunizations they won't give a "healthy card" and she could have problems at China exit or US entry without it. Are they trying to make a buck on the shots?

Thanks

Joe

The hospital in Beijing is telling Weiwei that as of Jan 1 they no longer take any forms but the medical forms and everything else she just brings to the consulate. They told her to only bring passport, visa photos, appointment letter, and the medical forms. So NO DS 156, 156K, 157, supplemental forms or bank receipt.

The hospital is also telling her if she doesn't get immunizations they won't give a "healthy card" and she could have problems at China exit or US entry without it. Are they trying to make a buck on the shots?

Thanks

Joe

Hello. Stapled to her appointment letter, your SO should have received this note from the consulate, in both English and Chinese:

Effective January 1, 2009, we will no longer have the panel physician facilities collect any immigrant visa documents other than the medical exam forms. Please bring all documents required to the consulate on the day when you come for interview. Thanks!

As for the vaccinations, Xiongxing didn't get them. She did her medical in Guangzhou. We will get all the shots in USA.

Thanks

Joe

Hello. Stapled to her appointment letter, your SO should have received this note from the consulate, in both English and Chinese:

Effective January 1, 2009, we will no longer have the panel physician facilities collect any immigrant visa documents other than the medical exam forms. Please bring all documents required to the consulate on the day when you come for interview. Thanks!

As for the vaccinations, Xiongxing didn't get them. She did her medical in Guangzhou. We will get all the shots in USA.

Thanks. She didn't tell me about that slip!

You must have the vaccinations for the CR-1/IR-1. You can wait to get them in the US, if you will be filing AOS for K visas. They are inexpensive in China, but they can be cheaper in the US, some county health departments do them for free or a small fee. We live in Cook County Illinois, the highest taxed and the most mismanaged county in the US, they only vaccinate until the 18th birthday. Good luck, Mike & Yizhen

With all the recent changes, it is possible that they will require all visa recipients to get the vaccinations, before issuing the visa.

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Most folks have the examination done in GZ. Beijing hospitals may not be as familiar with the process as those in GZ. I have never heard of anyone needing vaccinations for a K-visa prior to AOS. I did a search and came up with this from VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

I went to the last page of the thread and people have had fianc¨¦es that arrived as recent as the end of December without vaccinations. If it is a new requirement then it is so new no one knows about it. I couldn't find any reference to it on GZ's website either.

You must have the vaccinations for the CR-1/IR-1. You can wait to get them in the US, if you will be filing AOS for K visas. They are inexpensive in China, but they can be cheaper in the US, some county health departments do them for free or a small fee. We live in Cook County Illinois, the highest taxed and the most mismanaged county in the US, they only vaccinate until the 18th birthday. Good luck, Mike & Yizhen

With all the recent changes, it is possible that they will require all visa recipients to get the vaccinations, before issuing the visa.

Thanks Mike...most health insurance stops covering and county health departments stop giving vaccinations at 18, though they will give if you pay. Luckily, I can jab her myself in my office and she can blame me for the tong. :)

Most folks have the examination done in GZ. Beijing hospitals may not be as familiar with the process as those in GZ. I have never heard of anyone needing vaccinations for a K-visa prior to AOS. I did a search and came up with this from VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

I went to the last page of the thread and people have had fianc¨¦es that arrived as recent as the end of December without vaccinations. If it is a new requirement then it is so new no one knows about it. I couldn't find any reference to it on GZ's website either.

Thanks. I got her to call back and talk to some different folks at the Beijing Hospital and they said she didn't have to get vaccinated. I think the first girl was working on commission. I've convinced her (for now) to stave off any attempts at immunization. She'll be going for her exam in her next morning.

Oh, and looking back through her P4 she did find the attachment that said forms no longer collected at the medical exam. She is relieved that she has a few more days to finish them up. I think she is on her 20th copy as they aren't quite perfect yet! :)

Thanks for everyone's feedback. The anxiety increases exponentially as the day approaches. I hope they have a pink straight jacket for me to wear for the big day. :) Just 9 days to go!

We actually DID have to get immunizations and a book with vaccinations given in GUZ after receiving K-1 at post office in GUZ and then were required to get form I-693 completed by a US immigration- type doctor ($70....negotiable) prior to AOS. He wanted to give another shot but I objected and didn't get it.