Tomorrow is 7 month anniversary

Hao Ran, Do you know that you are outside of the processing timelines? You should have your Congressman make an inquirey.

Is this something that's typically done?

What methods should be used to contact the congressman (phone/email/letter)?

Is there any feedback about the results of contacting congressmen? Does it actually expediate the case?

Thanks,

Call the 800 number on your NOA 1. It probably won't help much but you should be able to find out if it's lost or not. Your legislative representative is unlikely to be much help either but it's worth a try.

I received notification that it was transferred to California. It could be lost???

Call the 800 number on your NOA 1. It probably won't help much but you should be able to find out if it's lost or not. Your legislative representative is unlikely to be much help either but it's worth a try.

I received notification that it was transferred to California. It could be lost???

Unlikely but possible. Have you been tracking it on line?

Hao Ran, Do you know that you are outside of the processing timelines? You should have your Congressman make an inquirey.

Is this something that's typically done?

What methods should be used to contact the congressman (phone/email/letter)?

Is there any feedback about the results of contacting congressmen? Does it actually expediate the case?

Thanks,

I have a date of a couple weeks shy of year for my I-130 to process. Its just a gruling waiting game here. As far as expedite service GOOD LUCK, if the expedite is not exactly worded in USCIS language and proof then its a no go. Trust me on that I have tried and sent proof and they said tough luck. Your Congressman and who ever else is of no help they look on the USCIS site just like we do, and then they send your a letter saying its being processed. The system needs to be overhauled for sure.

Hang tough......and good luck......its a pretty long haul .....look at my time line.

My experience was this: I had my Congressman make an inquiry, and about a week letter I got a letter back saying our petition was being processed by date and time of receipt etc. I waited about two more weeks, and then I contacted my Senator, and made the same request. About a week later, I got basically the same form letter. Two days after that I got the NOA2's for my I-130 and the I-129f.

There is a document posted on VJ by a former USCIS worker who says that the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

When you are out of processing time, as you are, I believe that you should start making some noise and rattling some cages.

Just MHO

Tomorrow will be 7 months since I received our NOA1.

Nothing in my life has ever brought tears to my eyes more than this.

If anyone has any pull with "The Force" (may the force be with you) or know Obi Wan Kanobe, please feel free to send vibes to help my case.

Thanks,

http://www.afsa.org/afsa_congmail.cfm

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

Good luck!

Tomorrow will be 7 months since I received our NOA1.

Nothing in my life has ever brought tears to my eyes more than this.

If anyone has any pull with "The Force" (may the force be with you) or know Obi Wan Kanobe, please feel free to send vibes to help my case.

Thanks,

HaoRan

Looks like you were stuck in the force sucking entity that is VSC. Anecdotely your NOA 2 should be arriving soon after your transfer to CSC