Tax transcripts

Guest Dylan W

Guest Rob & Jin

I know this is an old topic, but I'm at this stage now. I'm going to get all the 3 years of transcripts I need. I visited this webpage...

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

and I will call to order them. I thought you could request them online to be mailed to you as well. Not a big deal, I just want to make sure I am doing everything properly.

Good question Dylan, I was looking into this as well. I will be submitting my past 3 years for taxes and get them notiarized at ACH as well.

I-134 is notarized, no need to notarize the transcipts.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is it that I submit the copies of my tax returns ? And at what time are they reviewed by the consulate?

Thanks.

They will take them from your fiancee before the actual interview takes place at the same time they take the sealed medical docs.

Your SO takes them to the interview. The VO didn't ask for yours for some reason?

Someone does collect at them after the finger printing when they take the medical packet. Don't know if that guy is VO or not. But the VO doing the actual interview at the glass window does not collect them.

I don't know how or who decides between that time if all financials are in order. Ying got zero financial questions from her VO. I had her memorize bank balances, stock portfolio balances, names of my bank and investment company, and income from 2007.

I had her memorize bank balances, stock portfolio balances, names of my bank and investment company, and income from 2007.

Everything a bona-fide wife should know, right?

When my grandfather was killed in a car accident suddenly 25 years ago my grandmother suddenly had all sorts of financial stuff thrown at her she had no clue about. She raised kids, cleaned house, cooked, shopped and that's it. My father had to give her a rundown of everything financial she owned.

So yeah all wives should know. Should all fiancees? I guess for this purpose it's necessary. I'd prefer things to emerge naturally and not in a cram session.

Another question. If I get my 3 transcripts and the transcript for 2008 as well, however my co-sponsor only have 2007 and 3 years, will that present a problem? Taxes aren't officially due until April, and out interview will be (I estimate) either March or April, so it shouldn't be required until after that time. Right?

Hi Dylan,

For the 2007 transcripts ...I was not able to get these until August. So I got the transcribe before Ling's interview,,but I was told that the current year transcript would not be available until August.

So, I would give the 2008 tax year as W2 and the 1040 if your interview is going to be before June 2009.

Tom and Ling

If I understood her correctly, Yan said that one of the other women was asked for the 2008 taxes. I thought this was amazing as her interview was on Jan 5. People don't even have their W-2s yet. I suggest she bring whatever tax and income records that you have from 2008 to the interview.

Tom B

Guest Dylan W

Another question. If I get my 3 transcripts and the transcript for 2008 as well, however my co-sponsor only have 2007 and 3 years, will that present a problem? Taxes aren't officially due until April, and out interview will be (I estimate) either March or April, so it shouldn't be required until after that time. Right?

Hi Dylan,

For the 2007 transcripts ...I was not able to get these until August. So I got the transcribe before Ling's interview,,but I was told that the current year transcript would not be available until August.

So, I would give the 2008 tax year as W2 and the 1040 if your interview is going to be before June 2009.

Tom and Ling

Ok thanks. I spoke with my co-sponsor who told me wasn't going to file until April. :huh:

Guest Dylan W

HEY! What do I ask for when I call? I ask for tax transcripts and the guy tells me there are dozens of different kinds! So I asked for my return transcripts and my W-2 transcripts. Is that enough? Is that correct?

• 3 weeks later...

HEY! What do I ask for when I call? I ask for tax transcripts and the guy tells me there are dozens of different kinds! So I asked for my return transcripts and my W-2 transcripts. Is that enough? Is that correct?

to Dylan and all,

Please please and please, bring 3 years of tax return to GUZ for the interview, my SO recently got blue slip'ed since i only provided I-134 and 2007 tax return. So now, i got to request 2005 and 2006 and it will take to arrive and more time for my SO to mail them back to GUZ and even longer time for GUZ to schedule a second interview. Does anybody on this board know how long it usually takes for GUZ to schedule? I am sorry Dylan to hijack your thread.

to Dylan and all,

Please please and please, bring 3 years of tax return to GUZ for the interview, my SO recently got blue slip'ed since i only provided I-134 and 2007 tax return. So now, i got to request 2005 and 2006 and it will take to arrive and more time for my SO to mail them back to GUZ and even longer time for GUZ to schedule a second interview. Does anybody on this board know how long it usually takes for GUZ to schedule? I am sorry Dylan to hijack your thread.

yes its common knowlege must have 3 years of taxes information, its in the FAQS section