• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the NOA 2 hard copy and it has a valid date 1/06/09 - 5/5/09 what does that mean?

also i will be visiting my girl soon, in the meantime while we wait for the interview date what can she do to get ready on her end?

Your interview date could be 4-5 months away. Can you stay in China that long?

nope, just staying for 3 weeks... i want to rack up more visiting points :P

Good. I think it's VERY important to attend to ACH the week of the interview though if you can swing it.

The NOA2 won't expire before you get an interview date. I wouldn't worry about that.

I would just start organizing everything. She has plenty of time to get her notarizations when P4 comes. Take more pics. Take pics with family members and friends. Organize emails, chats, kitchen sink stuff if you havent already. Get her familiar with it. Get her familiar with details of your life - divorces, marriages, separations if you have any.

besides the police certificate what else is required and should be be getting this when I go...

Single certificate, police certificate, and birth certificate - multiple copies signed, notarized and translated into English. Depending on where your girl is some palms may need to be greased. :P

She lives in Chengdu, any idea where this police certificate can be obtained and the validity?

Chengdu is probably pretty legit when it comes to this stuff. I would assume at the police station where her ID is based.

Richard, remember - the OP is a K-1 visa, yer a CR-1 - it's a different set o 'things a poppin' once an NOA-2 is sent - not the same activities at the NVC. FWIW, you've given him links for the CR-1 processing at NVC - which he'll not be able to use.

HEY !!! Congrats on getting some movement, too ! About time ! I'm sure Amanda is punch-drunk by now..

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

HelloWorld - don't forget about the I-134 - fill one out now, see if you think you'll have any problems while yer still in the USA. Gather yer income tax evidence for the past 3 tax years, just in case you've not started that yet.

When you've filled out an I-134 - double check the poverty guidelines. If you think you will fall short, get a co-sponser, before you leave for this trip.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

so what if i get an interview in june, the petition will automatically renew it self?

More exactly - the GUZ Consular Officers will renew it. You don't have to do anything for the renewal. The problem lies with the time gap between 'NVC left to GUZ Open CaseFile' - usually it's 3 months for that particular duration - could be more, could be less.

so what if i get an interview in june, the petition will automatically renew it self?

I think they just want to get the interview assigned to you before the expiration date. Our P4 arrived Dec 3 with interview date of Jan 8. NOA2 expired on Dec 22. Don't worry about it.

I noticed you are pretty young. Student? Did you meet income requirements the past 3 tax seasons? I'd plan on submitting 2008 taxes too, by the way. Anyway, get a co-sponsor lined up if you need it. I met income requirements, but I quit my job to come back to China in October. My mother co-sponsored because of that. It also makes the relationship look more legit. And it helped because mom came in July and met Ying for 10 days. Lots of pics there.