Interview result white slip

2009 Jan 7th ¨C Visa interview, result: rejected for reason of not having a bona-fide relationship with my wife. Case will be sent back to the CIS/DHS for review and possible revocation

Wife and I am shocked by this decision because it doesn¡¯t give the opportunity to rebut since I got a white slip denial notice that did not ask for any more evidence. I thought they would treat k3 marriage VISA¡¯s more seriously.

She was asked the following questions:

VO: What is your name? :)

Wife: She states her own name

VO: What is your husbands name?

Wife: She states my name

VO: When did you meet your husband?

Wife: Oct 2006

VO: How long was your husband in China already when you met your husband?

Wife: about 1 month(but I think it was only half a month)

VO: When did your husband get a divorce?

Wife: around June 2006 (which was wrong because it said sept 29th on the Divorce document) I think she was talking about the day that I started the divorce process.

VO: Your husband got divorced in June and met you in October?

Wife: Yes

VO: Really? (seemed to not believe my wife)

VO: When did you get married?

Wife: 2007 SEP 5th

VO: How did you meet your Husband?

Wife: We were introduced by a friend Lam Yan(Lin Ren) He is a good friend of my Husband from Hong Kong.

VO: Really?

VO: Where does your husband live?

Wife: Chinatown, New York

VO: Who does your husband live with? Is he living alone?

Wife: No, he lives with his mother in the same home.

VO: How much is his rent?

Wife: around $400

Wife: Yes.

VO: How long has he lived there?

Wife: Over 20 years.

VO: How much money did he make last year?

Wife: 50 something thousand

Wife: Yes, I have his letter of employment letter and taxes that you can see. (handed over a letter of employment from my Job)

VO: When did he start working at the company?

Wife: He has temped at the company since Dec 2006, and it wasn¡¯t until last year did they hired him as a full time employee.

VO: Have you looked at the letter of employment? You are lying!

Wife: This letter of employment is official. He really works at that company.

VO: Then your husband must be lying to you.

Wife: Why would he lie to me? Why don¡¯t you look at more of the evidence documents that I have?

VO: I don¡¯t want to speak with you anymore. Your visa has been denied. Please go to window 30 for any further questions.

I am going in on Monday for ACH to try to get specific reason of denial.

Any suggestions of what I should be asking or how I should handle Monday¡¯s meeting? ;)

2009 Jan 7th ¨C Visa interview, result: rejected for reason of not having a bona-fide relationship with my wife. Case will be sent back to the CIS/DHS for review and possible revocation

Wife and I am shocked by this decision because it doesn¡¯t give the opportunity to rebut since I got a white slip denial notice that did not ask for any more evidence. I thought they would treat k3 marriage VISA¡¯s more seriously.

VO: What is your name? :angry:

Wife: around June 2006 (which was wrong because it said sept 29th on the Divorce document) I think she was talking about the day that I started the divorce process.

Wife: We were introduced by a friend Lam Yan(Lin Ren) He is a good friend of my Husband from Hong Kong.

Wife: Yes, I have his letter of employment letter and taxes that you can see. (handed over a letter of employment from my Job)

Wife: He has temped at the company since Dec 2006, and it wasn¡¯t until last year did they hired him as a full time employee.

Wife: Why would he lie to me? Why don¡¯t you look at more of the evidence documents that I have?

VO: I don¡¯t want to speak with you anymore. Your visa has been denied. Please go to window 30 for any further questions.

Any suggestions of what I should be asking or how I should handle Monday¡¯s meeting? :)

The divorce tripped her up. I saw a similar thing this week that resulted in a blue for someone (not from CFL). If you are divorced they will ask the SO about it most likely if it was around the time you met. If it was years in the past they might ask how many marriages have you had. Make sure she knows how many, even if YOU don't count that marriage and rarely stressed it to your SO because it lasted a month in your early 20s or something. :)

Write a letter explaining how your wife got confused about when you separated and when you divorced. Do that before ACH, get it notarized at ACS perhaps.

Did you attend ACH on Monday? Did you get any notarizations at ACS? Did you wife bring your passport in with her so the VO knew you were in the country supporting her?

Follow Stepbrow's posts closely. :)

VO: What is your name? :huh:

Any suggestions of what I should be asking or how I should handle Monday¡¯s meeting? :)

The divorce tripped her up. I saw a similar thing this week that resulted in a blue for someone (not from CFL). If you are divorced they will ask the SO about it most likely if it was around the time you met. If it was years in the past they might ask how many marriages have you had. Make sure she knows how many, even if YOU don't count that marriage and rarely stressed it to your SO because it lasted a month in your early 20s or something. :)

Write a letter explaining how your wife got confused about when you separated and when you divorced. Do that before ACH, get it notarized at ACS perhaps.

Did you attend ACH on Monday? Did you get any notarizations at ACS? Did you wife bring your passport in with her so the VO knew you were in the country supporting her?

Good suggestion that should help. ACS is more helpful then ACH when mine was rejected. ACH I found nothing. it was at ACS that I fond out some info.

Joe

VO: Really? ...

I guess the VO had at least 7 issues. Including that she was lying and he was lying.

Short durations between divorce final dates and original meeting with SO's have been reported to be the reason for denial in other cases.

The question is, why did the VO say "Really" (a form of disbelief) so many times and then ask her if she read the employment letter? The VO read the letter. What about that letter led the VO to say '...then your husband must be lying to you....' that's serious stuff coming from a VO.

Seems to me the standard white slip advice is (or, was) to seek a competent attorney before the file leaves GUZ.

Guest Rob & Jin

eeks :huh: what a horrible interview.

somewhare somehow that VO didn't believe much of what was presented to him/her.I'm thinking you need to review your documentation very carefully and follow Tony's advice.

A finding of a not having a bonifide marriage is a finding of fraud. If you look up the definition of bonifide it will state: without fraud, deceit, guile, etc. Also, your denied petition is sent to the NVC Fraud Prevention Manager. Why would they do that if the finding wasn't fraud?

It is my believe that most of the refusals are based on "red flags" which is a term that our conoff used when I discussed things with her. If you get too many "red flags" the visa is refused.

Technically a "red flag" is just a hunch that a conoff has, that fraud may be occurring. According to their internal procedures, they are supposed to refer the "red flags" to the Fraud Unit of the consulate. The Fraud Unit is supposed to investigate, and if the allegation is validated then the visa should be refused.

I recommend the following:

1. Do your research before you go to the ACH. Look at 9FAM41.121 Related Statutory Provisions; http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87506.pdf

2. INA Act 201(:): http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...e16a4cb816838a4

3. 9FAM41.121N2 Refused Applicants Have a Reasonable Opportunity to Establish Eligibility: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87507.pdf

Print the above out so that if the conoff brushes, you off you can bring the hard copy out, and demand your rights. Firmly establish the questions that you will ask the conoff. Be specific. If you do not get satisfaction, demand to speak with the Visa Immigrant Chief. If you do not get satisfaction there, go up the food chain, and demand to speak to the Chief of Consular Affairs. If you do not demand your rights as a U.S. citizen they will ignore you.

Sorry to hear of this. The sad reality is that there are red flags in your case just from reading the transcript of the interview. Doesn't mean your relationship isn't bona fide. Just means there are red flags. Some red flags may just be "hunches" by the VO. But some are plain facts that would most likely give any VO pause to issue a visa.

Unfortunately others before you have muddied the waters for those who follow, causing seemingly minor issues to become major red flags over time.

I hope you're able to overcome this following the advice of others here. Best of luck.

VO: What is your name? :P

Any suggestions of what I should be asking or how I should handle Monday¡¯s meeting? :D

The divorce tripped her up. I saw a similar thing this week that resulted in a blue for someone (not from CFL). If you are divorced they will ask the SO about it most likely if it was around the time you met. If it was years in the past they might ask how many marriages have you had. Make sure she knows how many, even if YOU don't count that marriage and rarely stressed it to your SO because it lasted a month in your early 20s or something. :happybday:

Thanks I will write a letter and get it notarized on Monday before i go to ACH.

My wife did bring my passport in with her and a lot of other supporting evidence. But the VO refused to look at anything my wife tried to show her after they look at my letter of employment.( which wasn't notarized) can I get that notarized? It was signed by the director of my company's HR department but I didn't know if it needed to be notarized.

Thanks I will write a letter and get it notarized on Monday before i go to ACH.

My wife did bring my passport in with her and a lot of other supporting evidence. But the VO refused to look at anything my wife tried to show her after they look at my letter of employment.( which wasn't notarized) can I get that notarized? It was signed by the director of my company's HR department but I didn't know if it needed to be notarized.

Having that notarized shouldn't matter. They suspect something because of the divorce slip up and it gave them a chance to grill her harder looking for inconsistencies.

Sorry to hear your SO had such a crappy intervied - sounded like an ambush!

I think David Z. has broken the code on the new GZ attitude. This VO came out shooten fire from the start, not even a 'hello'. I dont think it was a matter of a trip up. Sounded like the VO coming in pissed-off from the start.

R/ Pete

I think David Z. has broken the code on the new GZ attitude. This VO came out shooten fire from the start, not even a 'hello'. I dont think it was a matter of a trip up. Sounded like the VO coming in pissed-off from the start.

R/ Pete

Honestly guys this was similar to my situtation. We were able to write down 47 question that was shoot at my wife.

A bunch of us concluded that the VO problem is piss off because she is not with her husband. Maybe she is jealous hehe.

IT SAD TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING NOW. ONE GUY APPLY 5 TIMES FOR HIS WIFE AND NO RESULTS BUT NOT PART OF THIS FORUM.

R/ Pete

You are right, my wife's VO gave her an attitude from the start.

the VO was an asian lady 30 something years old. BEWARE!!