Military Status a benefit?

I know this does no good but it is certainly aggravating to hear another member who filed 6 weeks after me get their NOA2 and I'm still waiting. Applied at the same place (Vermont) and I got transferred to California. Though, I just remembered that the other couple (and I'm very happy for them), the gentleman was in or previously in the military. Is that a benefit in getting through the process?

Thanks.

I know this does no good but it is certainly aggravating to hear another member who filed 6 weeks after me get their NOA2 and I'm still waiting. Applied at the same place (Vermont) and I got transferred to California. Though, I just remembered that the other couple (and I'm very happy for them), the gentleman was in or previously in the military. Is that a benefit in getting through the process?

Thanks.

Not sure if you're referring to me, (since we just our NOA2 from Vermont) but I was not in the military

I would think there would be a first come first serve queue. Like I said, I'm very happy for you guys and happy you got through. I can just Imagine how they process the applications. Is there a big pile there and they stick their hands in and just Arbitrarily pull one out?

i can't swear to this, but i seem to remember that if you are in the military and are soon to be shipped out to active combat duty, you may be eligble for an expedited petition...as far as just being in the military i don't believe entitles you to anything in the way of an expedited petition...and being an honorably discharged veteran entitles you to a big fat NOTHING for this....any volenteers for Iraq or Afghanistan?

Well, I guess the question now at hand is:

What is the rhyme or reason to application processing?

I could understand a few days, a week, but 6 weeks?

Gotta love the government.

I can understand your frustration, it seems the only difference between our cases (that we can tell) is the fact that your case was moved to CA, beyond that, you may never know. Much has been written on this forum about the preparation of the first package and the importance to front load, and also how the documents are arranged or presented. I grouped the like docs into folders and labeled each folder, and included a table of contents, trying to make it easier to find whichever document they wanted. To what extent this helped (or not) I don't know, but it seems to have been enough.

We were thinking that our notice would come by the end of Febuary, so it was a great surprise to get the email on New Years eve. I hope you'll know soon.

I can understand your frustration, it seems the only difference between our cases (that we can tell) is the fact that your case was moved to CA, beyond that, you may never know. Much has been written on this forum about the preparation of the first package and the importance to front load, and also how the documents are arranged or presented. I grouped the like docs into folders and labeled each folder, and included a table of contents, trying to make it easier to find whichever document they wanted. To what extent this helped (or not) I don't know, but it seems to have been enough.

We were thinking that our notice would come by the end of Febuary, so it was a great surprise to get the email on New Years eve. I hope you'll know soon.

Richard, I did the exact same thing. I was very careful, provided everything exactly to the extent you did, folders, cover letter, labelled covers.

:lol:

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Edited by HaoRan (see edit history)

Richard, I did the exact same thing. I was very careful, provided everything exactly to the extent you did, folders, cover letter, labelled covers.

:lol:

Thanks for the well wishes!!

Well then you can rest easy knowing you did your best and you'll just have to be patient, keep reading and preparing for when the next step WILL come.