Hi again all. Just getting some last minute loose ends done before Xiongxing has her interview. Do we need 2 Chinese and 2 English copies of these forms?

Hello...this question comes up time and again. All the answers say NO, but my view is it's NO you don't need the CHinese ones if you go to do the Physical in GuangZhou. We went to Fuzhou - and we had to spend over an hour and half...filling out the CHINESE forms -- they wouldn't hear of us not having them. I made them call GUZ and the @_#*&%$&$_) person they reached backed them up...because the form says both are needed, english & chinese.

Most have experienced that only the ENGLISH are needed for the medical in GuangZhou! If I were doing the Medical there...I wouldn't do the Chinese forms...(carry a copy like I did just in case)

Best of luck...

Guest Rob & Jin

Hi again all. Just getting some last minute loose ends done before Xiongxing has her interview. Do we need 2 Chinese and 2 English copies of these forms?

Hello...this question comes up time and again. All the answers say NO, but my view is it's NO you don't need the CHinese ones if you go to do the Physical in GuangZhou. We went to Fuzhou - and we had to spend over an hour and half...filling out the CHINESE forms -- they wouldn't hear of us not having them. I made them call GUZ and the @_#*&%$&$_) person they reached backed them up...because the form says both are needed, english & chinese.

Most have experienced that only the ENGLISH are needed for the medical in GuangZhou! If I were doing the Medical there...I wouldn't do the Chinese forms...(carry a copy like I did just in case)

Best of luck...

we did both the chinese and english forms, why not ?

good luck :)

Thanks for the response everyone, but, I realized that I shouldn't have opened this thread soon after I did. It says in the LETTER TO K1/K2 APPLICANTS they want two copies in English and two copies in Chinese for the DS-156 and two copies in English and two copies in Chinese for the DS-157. So, we'll give them all they want. I agree with why not give them all they ask for or more. Thanks again and wish us a very PINK morning!

I forgot to add a piece of information in my previous post. Stapled to her appointment letter was this note from the consulate, in both English and Chinese:

Effective January 1, 2009, we will no longer have the panel physician facilities collect any immigrant visa documents other than the medical exam forms. Please bring all documents required to the consulate on the day when you come for interview. Thanks!

My Yu's English was fine so she did only the English forms.

I attended ACH and asked about this and the answer was if the English ones were understood by the beneficiary then using just the English ones was perfectly fine, the staff at the consulate ALL understand English.

The Chinese ones are provided for persons who do not understand English.

• 5 weeks later...

Since the DS-156 is now required to be filled out electronically, how are you guys doing the Chinese DS-156? The only copy I can find of the Chinese one is expired. Also, the only copy I can find of DS-157 is expired as well.

We haven't yet received the interview packet, I'm just trying to get all the stuff together before we send the checklist in, since I don't want to get caught off guard more than necessary.

I don't have an issue having the 2 electronic English versions, it's just the 2 Chinese versions will be on expired forms, which I have already notified her that there may be a chance she will just need to copy everything over once she receives the actual packet. And I realize that the answer above states that we shouldn't need the Chinese versions, but I want to have everything in place in case they ask for it.

Edited by mievil (see edit history)

Since the DS-156 is now required to be filled out electronically, how are you guys doing the Chinese DS-156? The only copy I can find of the Chinese one is expired. Also, the only copy I can find of DS-157 is expired as well.

We haven't yet received the interview packet, I'm just trying to get all the stuff together before we send the checklist in, since I don't want to get caught off guard more than necessary.

I don't have an issue having the 2 electronic English versions, it's just the 2 Chinese versions will be on expired forms, which I have already notified her that there may be a chance she will just need to copy everything over once she receives the actual packet. And I realize that the answer above states that we shouldn't need the Chinese versions, but I want to have everything in place in case they ask for it.

i believe that the ds-156 is only to be filled out electronically when applying for a visitors visa.