Does it matter how many trips you make to China?

Avs81

How long would I have to stay in GUZ for? I think the medical is in the same area as the interview, so we get that right before interview...

I would say plan for 1 week...sound about right?

We stayed 10 days. That was slightly longer than necessary. But, as things worked out, we couldn't have left earlier because of typhoon FengShen.

In most cases a week is probably sufficient. However, padding that a little reduced the stress level...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jin979

i had to wait 11 days after pink at interview to get visa

as to hotels it depends on what you want, the Yangs are cheap and very helpful, its a chinese family hotel next to embassy.

I have only been to China once, this past April 08 and I was wondering if it might be an issue with the VO when the interveiw comes.

It costs a lot of money to fly there from Boston, 1,500 dollars plus expenses and hotel.

I don't see how the VO could expect a person to fly there more than 3 times without spending at least 5,000 dollars.

I know asking what the VO will say is a crapshoot, but will it be a huge problem? Thanks for the advice.

Bill

I hav been to china 5 times total in the past 4 years 4 of which to visit my fiancee...If you call te airlines directlty you will get a better deal and make sure to sign up to get the miles i am getting what are called sky pearl miles and i am going to try to use them to upgrade us when i bring her home with me....make sure if you do get back thre to take lots of pics with her and her family and print them for her to take to the interview...that is what we are doing ....still a while off though :unsure:

How long would I have to stay in GUZ for? I think the medical is in the same area as the interview, so we get that right before interview...

I would say plan for 1 week...sound about right?

Maybe. From what I know, and that ain't much, I'd say it depends on if your interview date is at the end of the week and you want to hit ACH on Monday. We are Thursday and if approved we have heard since the weekend is coming, the visa can't be picked up until Monday or Tuesday.

Not so.... :blink:

Ling's interview was on a thursday and we picked up her Visa on Saturday in the morning.

I also arrived in Guangzhou on Sunday before her interview on Thursaday ,so that I could go to ACS and ACH.

Tom and Ling

Not so.... :lol:

Ling's interview was on a thursday and we picked up her Visa on Saturday in the morning.

I also arrived in Guangzhou on Sunday before her interview on Thursaday ,so that I could go to ACS and ACH.

Tom and Ling

Yep! We just got the notice it's at the P.O. so it's a nice surprise this morning. That means we were here 10:00 AM Monday through Saturday at noon.