Does it matter how many trips you make to China?

Avs81

How long was your flight? Mine was over 22 hours long...not something I look forward to repeating again...

Yikes! Continental from Newark to Beijing ~12 hours, on a Boeing 777

Yes - they now have video on demand - everyone can watch anything they want. It's a fairly comfortable flight, although barely edible food.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am thinking about going there for her interview and if everything goes well, fly back to the States with her.

I do make a good amount of money a year, but I do go to school and work full time, but its not easy to just fly over there with debt already here of course. Im sure everyone knows how the economy is here.

But I think I will go to the interview with her and I hope that makes a difference! have a good day, time for bed....

I recommend that you include within you "Letter of the Evolution of Relationship" the reason why you only made 1 trip (work? cost? etc...) and that you are in China for the interview.

Good Luck!

Yes - they now have video on demand - everyone can watch anything they want. It's a fairly comfortable flight, although barely edible food.

Randy, I experienced that on my flight last November, but on the flight home that plane had not been upgraded yet. The flight over was great, the plane was not full and everyone that wanted had an empty seat next to them. I watched a number of movies and other shows, it made the flight a little easier.

I agree with the others. But, I'll add my 2 cents anyway...

I've read many posts from many people about their experiences at the visa interview. I've read on several occasions where the VO said something like "He only visited once and only for a week?"

I am in a unique situation and was very fortunate to be able to spend nearly 6 months in China with Li (over a few visits) before our trip to GUZ. I was careful to provide GUZ with a lot of evidence confirming those visits.

I know, most people's circumstances would not allow them to do what I did. However, I'm certain that it contributed to our success.

I would at least print out your credit card statements showing that you paid for the flights. Also, as said before, just tell them why not many trips. Myself, only 2 trips and did not explain why.

As for the long trip, mine was about 12-13 hrs to Beijing, I think. I pay the extra money for direct flight, less chance of lost luggage. I left Chicago about noon, had the crappy lunch downed a couple doses of Ambien (I have a terrible time w/ time difference) and woke up over Japan.

Quite a few factors (prior marriages,kids,ages,CCP membership for example) will likely carry more weight than number of visits in whether you ultimately get the visa. Many have gotten it with only one. Could more visits help if some other factors are lacking? Probably.

If circumstances/finances make more trips absolutely prohibitive then concentrate on making sure your paperwork is rock-solid. Take plenty of pictures,especially with family, when you do visit. Communicate regularly and document it thoroughly. As Bob suggested, explain in your evolution letter why you could only make the one visit.

Like others have said, the more is definately the merrier. But making only one visit will not disqualify you and your SO from getting a visa.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am thinking about going there for her interview and if everything goes well, fly back to the States with her.

I do make a good amount of money a year, but I do go to school and work full time, but its not easy to just fly over there with debt already here of course. Im sure everyone knows how the economy is here.

But I think I will go to the interview with her and I hope that makes a difference! have a good day, time for bed....

I recommend that you include within you "Letter of the Evolution of Relationship" the reason why you only made 1 trip (work? cost? etc...) and that you are in China for the interview.

Good Luck!

My girl said the same thing..I decided that I will be going to visit her regardless of the money...and I will bring a letter of evolution of relationship too..

Since she is getting her P3 now, she should have her interview around March or April...time to start planning..

Guest Rob & Jin

Good Luck!

My girl said the same thing..I decided that I will be going to visit her regardless of the money...and I will bring a letter of evolution of relationship too..

Since she is getting her P3 now, she should have her interview around March or April...time to start planning..

get it notarized at ACS

appears last time you were in china was April of 2008.....I would say yes...go again....keep the fire warm...hehe

then go again for the interview.....I think we need to impress the VO....

and I know your lady and her family will welcome you....anytime!

plus....such a great place/country to visit.

ps: I am going back to Shinzhen in April

Forget the interview; go for yourself and your gal. More visits allow you to discover incompatibilities - they exist in every relationship. Some incompatibilities you can live with and some are intolerable, so it is better for you and your gal if you discover them before the move to the USA.

I would never put up with the crap my girls give me from an American gal with a child. It is much easier with my girls because my gal is always happy and that pleases me. That doesn't mean they don't make me crazy from time to time, but whatever it is between us, it seems worth the effort. I discovered most of this on my second trip to visit my gal and with that knowledge still decided to go forward.

Forget the cost as best you can; this is an investment in your life and happiness.

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

How long would I have to stay in GUZ for? I think the medical is in the same area as the interview, so we get that right before interview...

I would say plan for 1 week...sound about right?

Maybe. From what I know, and that ain't much, I'd say it depends on if your interview date is at the end of the week and you want to hit ACH on Monday. We are Thursday and if approved we have heard since the weekend is coming, the visa can't be picked up until Monday or Tuesday.

How long would I have to stay in GUZ for? I think the medical is in the same area as the interview, so we get that right before interview...

That's pretty tight. If you can add a few days it's easier.

And if you want to return with your gal you'll need at least 2 weeks to tie up all the loose ends if she's ready to come.

If there are no hitches, maybe. It will depend on many things, my 2 favorites being:

1. name check still not complete on the day of the interview (they won't tell her) .

2. fingerprinting not take the first time (they won't tell her, either)

No, It's not really 'my favorites' at all - but it's come up lately at GUZ, reported on here at CFL, in the form of 'we went to the post office to pick up the visa, and instead we got this ap thing'.

I don't mention this to scare you, not at all - it's just something to keep in mind.

Your lass can ASK the VO, during the interview, if the name check is complete.

Your lass can ASK the fingerprint technician, if the fingerprints 'took' properly, and if they didn't, ask for immediate reprint.

Two things to do that keep it pro-active, as well -

1. track that EMS number

2. call DOS for status, whilst you are in GUZ, 1 or 2 days after the interview.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
Guest jin979

If there are no hitches, maybe. It will depend on many things, my 2 favorites being:

1. name check still not complete on the day of the interview (they won't tell her) .

2. fingerprinting not take the first time (they won't tell her, either)

No, It's not really 'my favorites' at all - but it's come up lately at GUZ, reported on here at CFL, in the form of 'we went to the post office to pick up the visa, and instead we got this ap thing'.

I don't mention this to scare you, not at all - it's just something to keep in mind.

Your lass can ASK the VO, during the interview, if the name check is complete.

Your lass can ASK the fingerprint technician, if the fingerprints 'took' properly, and if they didn't, ask for immediate reprint.

Two things to do that keep it pro-active, as well -

1. track that EMS number

2. call DOS for status, whilst you are in GUZ, 1 or 2 days after the interview.

Rob had to return to usa before i got visa as delay in visa issue, so be prepared to fly at different days, this happens to many.