Picture ID req. by US airlines

Hello guys and gals of CFL...hope everybody had a safe and fun holiday this year :P :P .

I was planning to get married on Valentines day :D and then go to Hawaii :plane: for honeymoon :Dah: :pash: :bathfun: . The airlaines say you need a government issued picture ID to get on the planes....what will Lily have to bring for positive ID...only the I-94? She will only have been in the US for 16 days so I don't think we can get a gov photo ID.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everybody,

Brian

The EAD card would be the first US gov't issued ID she could get, so be sure to apply for one when filing for AOS.

Also check into getting a state-issued (non-driver) ID, if you can.

But - I agree - the Chinese passport (with a valid visa) should be enough

Too add to this, if married before trip to HI, make sure you book the airline tickets using the name that is on the ID that you will be using to travel with (Passport NAME)

Hello guys and gals of CFL...hope everybody had a safe and fun holiday this year :xmastree: :D .

I was planning to get married on Valentines day :lol: and then go to Hawaii :plane: for honeymoon :lol: :pash: :bathfun: . The airlaines say you need a government issued picture ID to get on the planes....what will Lily have to bring for positive ID...only the I-94? She will only have been in the US for 16 days so I don't think we can get a gov photo ID.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everybody,

Brian

Hey Brian, try her passport because China issues goverment ID's too. :lol:

Too add to this, if married before trip to HI, make sure you book the airline tickets using the name that is on the ID that you will be using to travel with (Passport NAME)

Good thinking!

Li didn't change her name when we got married. (I didn't want her to: A combination of respect for her deceased father and for her culture.)