Document on how we met

Vinny - What I used was a subject line, something like this:

Subject: Beneficiary: ________________________

[ANY IDENTIFYING NUMBERS]

EVOLUTION OF RELATIONSHIP LETTER

Dear Sirs,

[Then start in]

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I'm not sure why you need to write a separate letter, there is enough room on the I-129F for this.

They are asking when and how you met in person, you should be able to do this in 2 sentences at the most. When we filed there was room for about 80 characters and it was enough for the approval.

I'm not sure why you need to write a separate letter, there is enough room on the I-129F for this.

They are asking when and how you met in person, you should be able to do this in 2 sentences at the most. When we filed there was room for about 80 characters and it was enough for the approval.

Hi, Thanks for the responses.

This was requested by my attorney. A 1 page detail information on how our relationship developed.

Thanks,

Vinny

I took my petition to a immigration attorney to have them look it over before I sent it in. This was one of the few things they said about my petition. I had a one page description about how we met and our relationship. The attorney suggested that I save the relationship part for "proof of an ongoing relationship" and cut down how we met to a couple of sentences that would fit in the box on the form. So that is what I did.

Hi, Thanks for the responses.

This was requested by my attorney. A 1 page detail information on how our relationship developed.

Thanks,

Vinny

To each their own, hopefully your attorney has prepared you for the wonders of GUZ, if not you need to do some research to help build the type of evidence that is often used at this consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...e=k1guide#proof

Lee If you are the opinion that front loading a petition helps your case per MARC .A one page letter on a k-1 describing how you met is about the only place to do this in a way that would make sense.

Every year GUZ seems to have their own requirements (that change from year to year) that people need to meet.

Back when yan was petitioned many people were asked about "who paid for the trip to china" This is something that I did to try to front load our petition. On xx/xx/xx I purchased this plane ticket included is the receipt from my visa. This was back during the IMBRA situation where no one knew what was what includuing GUZ I mentioned we met on Match.com. "I first started corresponding with Yan because her written english was good " and I included a few pages from yahoo msger." We traveled from Beijing to ChengDu and met her family" a few photo's were included. During yan's interview she was never asked english or chinese it started in english which she was able to handle well.

How much weight do you put on this article?

I included a 1 1/2 page letter. Yan's interview went smooth. Was it because I front loaded my petition or we just got plain lucky. IMHO

The 20 minutes it took to type this out to me seemed better to me than Yan having to return to GUZ from ChengDu as she still was employed

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

What does that language mean? It means an approved petition is prima facie evidence of eligibility for an immigrant visa, unless a consular officer finds substantial evidence of ineligibility. More importantly, this evidence must have been unknown and unavailable to DHS at the time it approved the petition. That is the nearly the whole game for your client right there, in a few words.

PRACTICE TIP #1 - What the words generally unavailable to DHS at the time of petition approval should mean to skilled immigration practitioners, is that they should inform DHS in advance, at the time of filing the petition, of any potential red flags a consular officer might spot in the case. If DHS approves the petition anyway, a consulate is not supposed to deny a petition for that same reason.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...e=k1guide#proof

Lee If you are the opinion that front loading a petition helps your case per MARC .A one page letter on a k-1 describing how you met is about the only place to do this in a way that would make sense.

Every year GUZ seems to have their own requirements (that change from year to year) that people need to meet.

Back when yan was petitioned many people were asked about "who paid for the trip to china" This is something that I did to try to front load our petition. On xx/xx/xx I purchased this plane ticket included is the receipt from my visa. This was back during the IMBRA situation where no one knew what was what includuing GUZ I mentioned we met on Match.com. "I first started corresponding with Yan because her written english was good " and I included a few pages from yahoo msger." We traveled from Beijing to ChengDu and met her family" a few photo's were included. During yan's interview she was never asked english or chinese it started in english which she was able to handle well.

How much weight do you put on this article?

I included a 1 1/2 page letter. Yan's interview went smooth. Was it because I front loaded my petition or we just got plain lucky. IMHO

The 20 minutes it took to type this out to me seemed better to me than Yan having to return to GUZ from ChengDu as she still was employed

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

What does that language mean? It means an approved petition is prima facie evidence of eligibility for an immigrant visa, unless a consular officer finds substantial evidence of ineligibility. More importantly, this evidence must have been unknown and unavailable to DHS at the time it approved the petition. That is the nearly the whole game for your client right there, in a few words.

PRACTICE TIP #1 - What the words generally unavailable to DHS at the time of petition approval should mean to skilled immigration practitioners, is that they should inform DHS in advance, at the time of filing the petition, of any potential red flags a consular officer might spot in the case. If DHS approves the petition anyway, a consulate is not supposed to deny a petition for that same reason.

Question 18 on the I-129F only asks that you Describe the circumstances under which you met. IMHO this is used by the USCIS to check off that you actually met in person and there is additional evidence required proving you met in person where plane tickets and pictures are needed.

The letter of intent gives a good place to insert additional evidence concerning your relationship. This letter can get both flowery and contain a ton of evidence without adding additional documents to the case file.

The larger the file the longer someone at USCIS must spend reading and reviewing it as they are supposed to review everything attached.

From my understanding of Marc's article he advises front loading information that could be considered a red flag and this is a good thing to consider when getting ready to file. While Marc only presents the information concerning the USC most of the items on the list apply to the beneficiary as well.

Attempting to demonstrate the bona fides of the relationship is extremely difficult in many cases at this time unless the relationship has been ongoing for quite a while and you have met multiple times or lived together for a while. Most of us don't fit in that category.

There is nothing wrong with providing an evolution of the relationship with the initial filing, but that only goes as far as the filing. GUZ will often focus on what took place since the filing.

The sad part about the entire process is that GUZ is fickle and trying to keep up with their trends in interview techniques is difficult at best and then you must add the random factor which some have mentioned had to do with how their coffee tasted that morning.

I have often wondered if too much front loading of information is a bad thing and thought this should be used strictly for items that would make a reasonable person take pause.

If someone were to front load the location and information concerning previous spouses it might make someone at GUZ become suspicious as to why this information came at that time and flag the case to check for fraud.

The sad part is there is no one right way to get through this situation, there are some methods that have been highly successful, but nothing is fool proof with GUZ.