CORRUPTION...

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :P This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :bangin: For anyone who requires further instruction... :yahoo: kindly PM me for details... :D

I was asked to "to put up or shut up" and I did. But you did not delete the disparaging challenge. I did not make it political.

I know neither one of you was naughty... :P But you just happened to be the lucky one to make the last comment AFTER I had said enough is enough...So you won the prize Steve... :D

So you think a prudent moderator allows a one person to call another person a liar without response?

Nope I never claimed to be prudent...Nobody ever asked me to be prudent...It's just this Steve...I appreciate your input here very much...But when any mod warns people about cutting off a certain line of discussion... :unsure: well we tend to get testy when we're ignored... :huh:

So I take it that you are defending a personal attack, so long as the personal attack is against someone with views that differ from your own?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :bangin: For anyone who requires further instruction... :huh: kindly PM me for details... :D

I was asked to "to put up or shut up" and I did. But you did not delete the disparaging challenge. I did not make it political.

I know neither one of you was naughty... :P But you just happened to be the lucky one to make the last comment AFTER I had said enough is enough...So you won the prize Steve... :P

So you think a prudent moderator allows a one person to call another person a liar without response?

Nope I never claimed to be prudent...Nobody ever asked me to be prudent...It's just this Steve...I appreciate your input here very much...But when any mod warns people about cutting off a certain line of discussion... :unsure: well we tend to get testy when we're ignored... :D

So I take it that you are defending a personal attack, so long as the personal attack is against someone with views that differ from your own?

Is that what I said??? :D How about this to make you happy... :) PM my boss and tell him that I am doing a complete sucky job as a mod and he should dock my pay... :P

I also PMed Dave and told him he was pushing the envelope...But don't you both know the score by now??? :yahoo: Aren't we all adults here... :baby:

Is that what I said??? :blink: How about this to make you happy... :P PM my boss and tell him that I am doing a complete sucky job as a mod and he should dock my pay... :clapping:

I thought you were impeached a long time ago Roger. :P

That said, I've grumbled enough to be content.

All "put up or shut ups" have been removed... :D Now can we be one, big, happy, dysfunctional family again??? :cheering:

Hey wait a minute who let Jesse back??? :P Seriously though I've missed him...I just knew the other shoe had to fall... :lol:

Now if this was China, Mod Rog could hold out his hand to see how much Dave or Griz would pay for posting rights.

Can we get back on topic now? Or at least get bids?

Quite rightly oh esteemed leader...I'm more than willing to go with the side that provides more GREASE... :cheering:

Now if this was China, Mod Rog could hold out his hand to see how much Dave or Griz would pay for posting rights.

Can we get back on topic now? Or at least get bids?

Quite rightly oh esteemed leader...I'm more than willing to go with the side that provides more GREASE... :rolleyes:

Check's in the mail. :D

An article high-lighting the mind boggling extent of corruption in China... <_<

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...9451,full.story

I'm inclined to believe virtually every word of this story even though it was written by the LA Times.

Those who compare corruption in China with corruption in the US should be worried -- degenerative brain disease is nothing to ignore.

Although very significant improvements have been made over the past 13 years, the simple fact is that usually even the most mundane official acts in other than major Chinese cities are tainted with corruption. In bigger cities it is better, but not by a lot.

To put things in perspective, I always want to know the geographic location first... after seeing where this is, I would tend to agree... and your close to this area anyways, right?

I think if we do finally end up somehow living in China later corruption will probably not touch us very much..

If you actually do end up moving to China, you will certainly be touched quickly if you continue openly expressing your dislike for the country after getting here.

How often do we complain to the earth about it's rain and snow? Is that really any different than it's bringing forth volcano or tornado events?

Seems if my sleep is no good, I've got to find someone to blame :blink: