CORRUPTION...

As long as we're making specific references to alleged and non-alleged corrupt pols of one particular party in this country should I start a list of corrupt ones from the other? <_< Cause I guarantee my list will be longer.

You could probably start with your current governor, Dave. You know, that governor who put the guber in gubernatorial? :P

Believe me Dennis, our current Gov. is on EVERYONE'S s**t list. :angry: And the guy he replaced is currently checked into a greybar hotel somewhere in Indiana. <_< We're an equal opportunity state when it comes to political parties and corrupt pols. :)

The references to our dumbass Gov don't bother me so much. It's the reference to "the top guy" earlier that's based solely on partisanship, not fact and has no place here IMHO.

Understood.

My purpose in mentioning Gov. B. in this topic is to underline the point that to critique corruption within China or any country is both self-serving and rather uppity IMO.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP subject is about corruption in CHINA. References to political parties in the US are a moot point as contribution to this thread. Anyway, if we don't want Don's "hey, this is getting political" boot stomped on this thread, then leave the political parties in the US out of it and let's just discuss the original topic.

Ah, live in the edge, Larry. :Dah:

An article high-lighting the mind boggling extent of corruption in China... :Dah:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/wo...9451,full.story

I'm inclined to believe virtually every word of this story even though it was written by the LA Times.

Those who compare corruption in China with corruption in the US should be worried -- degenerative brain disease is nothing to ignore.

Although very significant improvements have been made over the past 13 years, the simple fact is that usually even the most mundane official acts in other than major Chinese cities are tainted with corruption. In bigger cities it is better, but not by a lot.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I think if we do finally end up somehow living in China later corruption will probably not touch us very much..

If you actually do end up moving to China, you will certainly be touched quickly if you continue openly expressing your dislike for the country after getting here.

I think if we do finally end up somehow living in China later corruption will probably not touch us very much..

If you actually do end up moving to China, you will certainly be touched quickly if you continue openly expressing your dislike for the country after getting here.

I...I don't understand??? :secret: How can telling the truth possibly be misinterpreted as "dislike"??? Facts are facts although they may not fit with the Magic Kingdom image... :whistling:

The references to our dumbass Gov don't bother me so much. It's the reference to "the top guy" earlier that's based solely on partisanship, not fact and has no place here IMHO.

Not a partisan comment at all, Dave, old newsguys often have the inside track.

Yeah, I'm sure you've got ALL the inside dope on Illinois politics from your strategic perch in Montana. :lol: Why don't you name names and provide some proof to back-up your comments instead of gracing us with your reckless innuendo?

Be nice, guys... :P

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :rolleyes: For anyone who requires further instruction... :lol: kindly PM me for details... :D

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :rolleyes: For anyone who requires further instruction... :huh: kindly PM me for details... :D

Since when is a discussion about corruption in America a political discussion? :D

And, maybe Jesse is right in that we can only discuss (slam) other countries failings while remain silent about our own. :lol:

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :rolleyes: For anyone who requires further instruction... :lol: kindly PM me for details... :D

I was asked to "to put up or shut up" and I did. But you did not delete the disparaging challenge. I did not make it political.

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :rolleyes: For anyone who requires further instruction... :huh: kindly PM me for details... :D

Since when is a discussion about corruption in America a political discussion? :D

And, maybe Jesse is right in that we can only discuss (slam) other countries failings while remain silent about our own. :lol:

You can slam all the failings about America you wish Dennis... :boxer: But NOT political ones and NOT on this forum... :D God knows there's an awful lot of things left to talk about...Go ahead and slam any of the endless possibilites right now in the TC...If you're out of ideas I can supply some...I just read an editorial from Thomas Friedman "Dumb as we wanna be" on how China is kicking America's butt in so many ways...How America looks more like a third world country... :bleh:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/25/opi.../edfriedman.php

On the actual topic though... :huh: Let me state the obvious...Corruption exists in America... :Dah: But in China corruption is how things are done...It's the part of the iceberg that's above sea level here and the part that's below there... :huh: IMHO... B)

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :unsure: For anyone who requires further instruction... :bangin: kindly PM me for details... :D

I was asked to "to put up or shut up" and I did. But you did not delete the disparaging challenge. I did not make it political.

I know neither one of you was naughty... :P But you just happened to be the lucky one to make the last comment AFTER I had said enough is enough...So you won the prize Steve... :yahoo:

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :huh: This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :unsure: For anyone who requires further instruction... :bangin: kindly PM me for details... :D

I know neither one of you was naughty... :P But you just happened to be the lucky one to make the last comment AFTER I had said enough is enough...So you won the prize Steve... :yahoo:

So you think a prudent moderator allows a one person to call another person a liar without response? Or is that your personal political bias showing?

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

I just deleted a post here to prove I'm serious...This thread is NOT about AMERICAN politics...There are NO threads anywhere on Candle about American politics... :P This forum is The Middle Kingdom...it is about China...Of course there are perfectly acceptable comparisons drawn between China and America... :bangin: For anyone who requires further instruction... :yahoo: kindly PM me for details... :D

I know neither one of you was naughty... :P But you just happened to be the lucky one to make the last comment AFTER I had said enough is enough...So you won the prize Steve... :D

So you think a prudent moderator allows a one person to call another person a liar without response?

Nope I never claimed to be prudent...Nobody ever asked me to be prudent...It's just this Steve...I appreciate your input here very much...But when any mod warns people about cutting off a certain line of discussion... :unsure: well we tend to get testy when we're ignored... :huh: