I am an American Male engaged to my Chinese fiance and we are going for a K-1 Visa.

She has received this form in her packet GIV-24 and we are at a loss as to what to make of it.

Does a K1 visa fill this out and if so how do they do it. The language between spouse and petitioner and fiance is confusing. Question 5 is really confusing.

Our interview is in 9 days. PLEASE HELP!!! tHANKS :unsure:

I am an American Male engaged to my Chinese fiance and we are going for a K-1 Visa.

She has received this form in her packet GIV-24 and we are at a loss as to what to make of it.

Does a K1 visa fill this out and if so how do they do it. The language between spouse and petitioner and fiance is confusing. Question 5 is really confusing.

Yes, you do.

The American citizen is the petitioner. Unless you are a naturalized American citizen, you "entered" by birth.

Your fiance is who is filling out this form. Her fiance is you.

Hi,

I'm not as far in the process as you are. But, I have read this form very carefully.

Question #5:

chazzy1098, you are the petitioner. If you are born outside of the US, then you have to provide your visa type and entry date and your alien #.

I was born in the USA. So, I am going to put down "US citizen; born in the USA"

You will also run into problems with Question #8. This is info about your parents - their birth dates, their entry visa's and entry dates (if any); I had a hard time researching when my parents immigrated into the US since they came here in the 60's.