Chinese dairies to compensate melamine victims

Guest Tony n Terrific

Pardon my skepticism about whether those families will ever see any meaningful compensation. :)

I think they will since one of the largest shareholders in that company is a New Zealand corporation.

That said, don't expect any compensation to match what you'd get in the States. In the US you'd get a few million $$ for kidney stones caused by tainted milk. In China any compensation would be much, much more realistic.

Pardon my skepticism about whether those families will ever see any meaningful compensation. :lol:

I think they will since one of the largest shareholders in that company is a New Zealand corporation.

That said, don't expect any compensation to match what you'd get in the States. In the US you'd get a few million $$ for kidney stones caused by tainted milk. In China any compensation would be much, much more realistic.

I hope you're right Bill.

Pardon my skepticism about whether those families will ever see any meaningful compensation. <_<

I hope you're right Bill.

Though any compensation for the loss of a child could never heal the hurt and pain that they will feel over the years to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon my skepticism about whether those families will ever see any meaningful compensation. :rolleyes:

How right you were Dave...Chinese parents are rejecting the joke compensation package offered by the government...They do not want a few yuan now...They want medical care for their children's melamine related illnesses LONG-TERM which would include research into the problems... :ph34r:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/14/world/as...tml?_r=1&hp