Photo shop in Guangzhou?

hi,

If you're standing across the street from the White Swan Hotel, there is a Kodak Photo shop in the mall to the left. They do good work. They will also send one of the photographers with you to take some great photos of you and your sweetheart in the White Swan. They have a lot of photo services there, but I had some film put on disk in jpeg format and when I got home the disks were unreadable by my computer, I did have the negs but I don't know why I couldn't download the disk photos.

harold

Hi All,

Sorry I've been pretty out of touch lately. I only get Internet access about once a week.

I am having a similar problem. We need to get Candy's photos taken according to the M-378 specs.

We are in Foshan right now. She seems to think we need to go back to her place of birth to get the pictures taken, since I guess you need to do this to get passports and stuff. I am trying to explain that we should (correct me if I am wrong) be able to have anyplace take these pictures.

So I guess we'll head for Guangzhou tomorrow to get these pictures taken.

Could someone please post or email me the PDF for the M-378 specs? I have seen the PDF but of course I don't have it with me. HTML would work, but PDF is preferrable. Don't have time to search now, sorry I don't mean to be lazy.

Thanks,

P.J.

You are right, it doesn't matter where you get the photos for the US documentation as long as the format is correct. That is the catch, however. My experience was that it was hard to convince the Chinese photographers that they needed to follow a different format than what the Chinese government wanted. No red background for instance. The other issue though is that if she is convinced that she has to go back to her registered city, you probably won't win the argument anyway. I found it very difficult to convince anyone in China that other governments worked differently than theirs did.

Hi Owen,

Great to hear from you. Too true, it was darn near impossible to convince anyone that pictures should be taken any way but full-facing for official documents.

jimb, thanks for that info.

Candy and I went to the Kodak photo shop right outside the White Swan Hotel. We literally wrote down your post and followed the instructions.

It was good, they are very familiar with the U.S. immigration pictures. Probably have a lot of Americans go there, so they didn't even have to look at the paper, knew what I needed.

Got the pictures taken. Went shopping in Guangzhou. We are tired now.

P.J.