Guangzhou: Triumph Century Airport Hotel

They have no heaters... I stayed there this January during a 2 day snow-lag layover.

It's in the Xicheng Village Renhe Town Baiyun District...

(sorry, was sorting some stuff tonight, found the brochure that I snagged from the tout).

Might be great for 'warm' season, though... I remember paying 600RMB? Ya Ya, I know -lesson learned - I should have made other arrangements..

Guest Tony n Terrific

Yep, I know what you mean. Staid one night in Guangzhou in February this year. No heat and it was one of the coldest nights in 50 years. The only thing I did have for comfort was a tea pot and a hot shower.

Same here, last February Jie met me in Guangzhou during the bad part of that winter storm. We both got there late that night and we stayed at a hotel near the airport. It was cheap enough - maybe 160 RMB, but No Heat! :) the "hot" shower was warm for maybe 30 seconds! ;) and we couldn't snuggle close enough to keep warm. :angry:

Jie's interview was in August, so then I got the other extreme, but the A/C was good.

Now it's winter time here, and normally I kept the thermostat a little low - 65 ish. That was too cold for Jie so now it's 70. It stikes me just a tad funny to see her in her "winter" PJ's and big fuzzy slippers, and me in a tank top and shorts. Fortunately the winters here are pretty short.

But I'll take that over that frozen night in Guangzhou any time! ;)

Jeff

Ya Know? CAN airport had no heaters for the international terminal in January. I'll find out the hard way in a few weeks if they've added in any new hardware.

Ya Know? CAN airport had no heaters for the international terminal in January. I'll find out the hard way in a few weeks if they've added in any new hardware.

Anywhere south of the tropic of capricorn heaters are going to be scarce to non-existent. Only saw one when I was in Thailand.

No heat in the Golden Bridge Hotel in Guangzhou either, but that is par for the course in Guangzhou. We were also there in February and early March this year in that record cold winter.

It is a beautiful hotel, however, and I would stay there again even without heat. Ping and I just snuggled up under the covers and we were fine.

If you think the hotel is cold with no heat, try some of the open air restaurants. :)