Anger in China

My wife has a powerful mopslap, so I think she can protect me. If riots break out, that is too bad. We are not leaving till we get the Visa! :lol:

I had several mopslaps to protect my husband when he was in China visiting me .

Hi Amanda, the mop is a powerful weapon when wielded by an experienced hand. I hope that you and Richard are together soon.

Im no tree hugger,though I own a 1966 Dodge Dart I have been riding my bike everywhere local and only using automobiles to travel out of town.

Because of this I am regarded as "abnormal".

I dont use cell phones.

I dont fly.

These are my rules.

Because of this I am regarded as "abnormal".

My country is at war.

Because I dont ignor this fact I am considered "abnormal".

I dont have ANY debt.

I have GREAT CREDIT.

Im not rich.

Actually I am poor.

Life is good.

I eat what I want.

I go where I want.

Because I dont want to be rich I am regarded as "abnormal"

Admirable. I wish I could do that.

You immediately brought to mind this song:

:lol:

Didn't the populatio of the US change from something like 10% urban/90% rural to 90% urban 10% rural?

That's a rhetorical question right??? :blink:

If so feel free to make your actual point... :lol:

Why, yes it is, Roger! and yes, I do, but thank you! :unsure:

That the US went through the same process several decades ago, and that perhaps there could be some parallels with the unrest, and the switch over to an industrial economy. The US seems to be doing quite well as far as feeding its people these days. Perhaps China will also.

Didn't the populatio of the US change from something like 10% urban/90% rural to 90% urban 10% rural?

That's a rhetorical question right??? :blink:

If so feel free to make your actual point... :rolleyes:

Why, yes it is, Roger! and yes, I do, but thank you! :unsure:

That the US went through the same process several decades ago, and that perhaps there could be some parallels with the unrest, and the switch over to an industrial economy. The US seems to be doing quite well as far as feeding its people these days. Perhaps China will also.

Randy, Yes it was several decades ago that the US went from rural to industrial. About 11 decades I believe. It took about 40 years for the US to go through the process. We began to begin heavy industrialization during the civil war ( in the North that is :blink: ). We had demonstrations, strikes, riots, police brutality, the army called out - all of that stuff.

Let's hope that the Chinese transition is not so rough.

The US seems to be doing quite well as far as feeding its people these days. Perhaps China will also.

China's problem is going to be a freshwater shortage first I think. :roller:

As far as unrest, I am already seeing people be crabbier to each other. And beyond that. Watched a fight between a cabbie and his fare the other day. There was even kung-fu kicking to the face! Cabbie didn't fight back at all.

How hard is it to find a job??? Ask 1300 graduate students from China's top universities who competed for the job of selling pork... :D

http://www.chinasmack.com/stories/1300-gra...e-to-sell-pork/

Even Jesse got a job in China, I am not talking about the Jesse here on CFL I am referring to my messican cousin Jesse :o

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)