Anger in China

Keep in mind media exaggeration. When there's a tornado some place you'd think an entire town was destroyed, but its usually just a couple of trailers in a trailer park. (I can site countless times when I was expected to make a little something a big something as a broadcast reporter.)

China has a history of volatility, but this ain't it; at least not yet.

Do stay out of the neighborhood where this is happening and run for cover if it spills over into an area where you are visiting. You won't need TV or newspapers to know if its getting bad in the other major cities because you'll likely notice an increase in the police presence. Don't mess around, leave the country immediately if full scale rioting breaks out.

If things get really bad your gal may not be able to protect you.

Keep in mind media exaggeration. When there's a tornado some place you'd think an entire town was destroyed, but its usually just a couple of trailers in a trailer park.

Or some redneck attaching a CHURCH STEEPLE with a zip-screw gun.

The news reporter standing there on TV with a piece of something flying by in the background.

Life threatening hurricane,or SHODDY CONSTRUCTION?

(zip-screws,git'er dun)

China has a history of volatility, but this ain't it; at least not yet.

Do stay out of the neighborhood where this is happening and run for cover if it spills over into an area where you are visiting. You won't need TV or newspapers to know if its getting bad in the other major cities because you'll likely notice an increase in the police presence. Don't mess around, leave the country immediately if full scale rioting breaks out.

If things get really bad your gal may not be able to protect you.

Yes,if they are swinging sticks and rocks around,you wont want to be there.

GO FORBID you are driving a Japanese car,or in a Japanese restaurant.

I was in JingHong once for "Water Splashing Festival",people driving around in water trucks spraying EVERYBODY with water,and folks walking around with buckets throwing water everywhere.

Even some big plastic toy water guns.

OK,they saw me trying to sneak over to get some cigarettes and use the phone,and they all ganged up on me!

Ever see how Chinese people operate a car horn,or and "button operated" door or lift?

A cell phone?

Absolutely NO patience,when they get their mind set on something.

(Notice the treeless landscape in China,and their immediate neighbors)

Its either ON or OFF,with no middle.

They push push push push push,until they get action.

I would hate to see how they operate automatic weapons.

If its anything like the way the use car horns,GET OUT FAST.

Edited by TootTaLu (see edit history)

Here's an article about the problems being generated in the countryside as millions of migrant workers return to their hometowns after losing their jobs... :(

http://www.eeo.com.cn/ens/biz_commentary/2...19/124134.shtml

Good for them.

Ive always wondered WHO is supposed to grow all that food in the future when young people abandon their home village to live in the city.

One less farm hand,but another city mouth to feed.

Guest Tony n Terrific

It is shame to see people loose their jobs anywhere. With the economic downturn things are going to get tougher in China. The frustration will grow as peole who thought they had finally joined the Middle Class are now being told go back home and work for maybe 100 yuan a month and it will be back breaking work form dawn to sunset. Beijing mission statement for 2009 will be " How we goin to keep them down on the farm".

It is shame to see people loose their jobs anywhere. With the economic downturn things are going to get tougher in China. The frustration will grow as peole who thought they had finally joined the Middle Class are now being told go back home and work for maybe 100 yuan a month and it will be back breaking work form dawn to sunset. Beijing mission statement for 2009 will be " How we goin to keep them down on the farm".

(Or "You can take the country out of marijuana,but you can't take marijuana out of the country")

They did things the same way for 5,000 years,and the "middle class fantasy" has only been around for a short time.

I think they will be just fine.

the "middle class fantasy" has only been around for a short time.

Many citizens of our own nation are discovering the folly of every American moving into the middle-class as well... :(

Im no tree hugger,though I own a 1966 Dodge Dart I have been riding my bike everywhere local and only using automobiles to travel out of town.

Because of this I am regarded as "abnormal".

I dont use cell phones.

I dont fly.

These are my rules.

Because of this I am regarded as "abnormal".

My country is at war.

Because I dont ignor this fact I am considered "abnormal".

I dont have ANY debt.

I have GREAT CREDIT.

Im not rich.

Actually I am poor.

Life is good.

I eat what I want.

I go where I want.

Because I dont want to be rich I am regarded as "abnormal"