Any rat people out there got bad luck this year?

Someone was telling me that the year of the person's zodiac will bring bad luck to that person. Since this is the year of Rat, any rat person got bad luck this year? I am a rat and too many bad things happen to me (wife left me and my young sister passed away). Now I am being very careful for the next two months to wait for the next new year.

Someone was telling me that the year of the person's zodiac will bring bad luck to that person. Since this is the year of Rat, any rat person got bad luck this year? I am a rat and too many bad things happen to me (wife left me and my young sister passed away). Now I am being very careful for the next two months to wait for the next new year.

I am a Rat, i don't know if i call this bad luck,but my wife and I got the white slip,and I have gotten very sick from it,since october 27th,but i am recovering.Things can always be worse,so i wont say its bad luck.In your situation,could be bad luck,if one was superstitious.

take care

Jimi

My father is a rat and he got cancer this year. He has his tough time during this year.

I do hope everything will be better next year.

Amanda

As the story goes, there was once a farmer and his only son in the days just before the Civil War. Having only one horse, the farmer and son worked long hard days, sun up to sun down, just to get by, with nothing left to spare.

One day as the father and son plowed the fields, their horse got spooked and ran off. The son was devastated; ¡°What bad luck, now what will we do?¡±

The father replied; ¡°Good luck, bad luck, too soon to tell.¡±

The father and son continued to work the farm. Then one day their horse comes running back over the hill with 6 other horses. The son exclaimed, ¡°What great luck, now we have all the horses we¡¯ll ever need!¡±

To which the farmer replied; ¡°Good luck, bad luck, too soon to tell.¡±

The next day as the farmer and son were working with the horses, one particulary difficult horse threw the son off his back and broke his leg. The son cried: ¡°Oh father, I am so sorry, now you have to work the farm all by yourself. What bad luck!¡±

Once again the father replied: ¡°Good luck, bad luck, too soon to tell.¡±

Several days later the Civil War broke out and all the able bodied young men were sent off to war. The farmer¡¯s son, having a broken leg, was forced to stay at home.

After the leg had healed, the father had the only farm around with a son to help and seven horses to boot. They worked the farm and prospered.

Good luck, bad luck. It¡¯s too soon to tell.

Perhaps.

Good luck, bad luck. It¡¯s all in how you look at it.

Getting closer.

Good luck, bad luck. Depends on which one you choose and what you make of it.

Guest Tony n Terrific

My Very Special Other is born in the year of the Boar and a Capricorn. I am Tiger and a Leo. So I guess we have an easy sailing our way. No bad luck. But luck is what you make of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a rat but good things happen to me all together in 2008. I found my love, got a job, passed the visa interview and moved to live with my husband for no problem. But we do have the superstition that on your benmingnian---birth year marked by animal cycle, you need to get red stuff to get rid of the bad luck like wearing red socks, red underwear... and you are not supposed to get married on your benmingnian, otherwise it will bring you bad luck. I believe it is just a coincidence. No matter what, Rat year is gone for a while. This OX year will bring you a good luck!