Great way for kids (and us) to learn Chinese

All I have is a computer... I guess I will have to stick with Rosetta Stone. :ok:

Haha well you know if you ever feel like being a part of us youngins pick up a DS haha. Hubby actually asked me for one for christmas lol

That seems to be a very good way to go, if it is as interactive as it appears.

Official site

Please let us know how it works out!

I've played the spanish one (helps out when my side job is assistant managing a restaurant) and it was AMAZING. The only problem that seems to be with the Chinese one is i'm noticing a lack of pinyin. It's there... just not alot. I guess it's helping me crash course into the characters, but my ability to hear it and figure out the pinyin is not so great. However when i'm on the go it's a great tool to just keep my mind fresh when i'm going crazy from my books, CDs, and computer software

Hi Amber, here is a link to a website to learn Chinese: http://www.livemocha.com/

I think your desire to learn Chinese is commendable. Best of luck.

Thank you, i shall add that to my arsenal lol. I've got CDs, books, textbooks, charts, software, and now this game. The game is good for me when the other two are making me feel too much like a student. I can cram a book in my head for hours, but then i use the game to kinda cut loose. I've just started with it but it's fun and great.

For me the learning Chinese is hardest because I have a lisp... yeh... let that process... a lisp... with Chinese... It's hell lol It took me two weeks to master "xie xie" and i still flub it at times. And i'm a audio/visual learner. I need to be able to say then or i'll never remember them. So for me, studying Chinese is going agonizingly slow due to my complete inability to form some of these words. I took speech class when i was younger, but they don't really have that for chinese. Any word without a "sh" or "ts" or "ch" noise and i'm fine lol