social security card

yes now that she is finaly here do i get her the social security card now are after we marry, we will marry by end of december

in an effort to keep our wedding day romantic, we headed right over to the social security office with marriage certificate. It saved us a name change future visit.

yes now that she is finaly here do i get her the social security card now are after we marry, we will marry by end of december

in an effort to keep our wedding day romantic, we headed right over to the social security office with marriage certificate. It saved us a name change future visit.

We also got married first. Just bring your marriage certificate and her passport along with the SS-5 form.

I suggest arriving at the Social Security office before they open at 9am. Expect at least a 1 hour wait to speak to the officer.

Similar question...

I can get her a SSN and card as of NOW with her I-94, 1) correct.

At least an assigned SSN can get her to open a bank account in her name and such...

Or 2) I'm I misunderstanding something?

1) Yes

2) No

That would be her real SSN

Could you ellaborate?

Any questions?

If you're wondering about the SSN, it is her number for life, just like everyone else's.

Okay, cool. Thanks.

She had some money transfered into my account when she left China, but we would like to move it into an account of her own, in her name ASAP.

And I assume to do so, she will need a SSN.

I actually ran into that this weekend. When I took Jie and her son to my C/U to open accounts for them both, Jie was able to open hers (K-1 Visa with SSN), but her son couldn't yet (K-2 Visa no SSN yet). It was just a childrens savings account type thing (he's 11), and I had to be on his account too since he's a minor, but it still wasn't good enough. My C/U required an SSN from him, so no account for him. He has to wait until after AOS. I sent in the I-765 for him as well, just to get him an SSN, so hopefully it won't be long. YMMV

Jeff

Edited by mao mao so (see edit history)