I am planning to apply my parents to come to USA to visit us

Are you saying 6 months is counted from the day they enter the US? I mean what if they are granted the visa in late Jan but they can't fly to the US until late July. Will the visa still be in valid by the time they can fly which is 6 months?

Here is an old B1 visa from the travel web site.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/questions/que...ns_1253.html#10

Note that they give explanations for each field. Also, although I do not know the current validity, for entry, my wife says it is also 6 months from issue to expiration (where expiration is the last date to enter the US). I'm sure it is similar in action to the visas we use to enter China. Your parents have "x" number of months from issue to expiration (of the right to enter) of the visa.

Once they enter the US others have already said they have 6 months, without extension, to exit.

Good luck,

Its 6 months ¨C from the time they enter the US.

They can stay longer past the 6 month or the 6 month extension period but it can hurt their chances from coming back in the future.

This was actually done by my mother-in-law. When she went to apply for her 3rd VISA, of course they have records of her previous visits and the VO asked, why did you over stay.I am not sure how she answered that questions but after answering her question the VO stated, ¡°If you over stay this time again, I will not issue you another VISA in the future¡±. :rolleyes:

In my original post, this is what I mean about the mood that the VO has when and where your parents apply to get their VISA. The VO has the golden pen to write YES or NO on the application ¨C period.