Last (possibly) question ...

OK,

Big day is approaching. Hopefully my last question ... I have 2 single proof Documents. The first is an intent to marry and is dated October 20, 2008. The second is a letter of 'No Record of Marriage' from my County Clerk's office dated October 28, 2008. My question is are the dates still good. Zixuan and I are planning on marrying December 23, 2008. So the documents are not quite 3 months old. Originally I had planned on getting an intent to marry from Guanzhou also, but I think this may be overkill. So I am just looking for reassurance that my documents are not too old.

Thanks,

Appaullo

Edited by Appaullo (see edit history)

If needing proof for K-1 submittal on her interview day, then yes, you are ok.

If for proof at a Marriage Office in China, then, no, I'm sorry, your 'proof of single' is not enough - as it's not 'chopped' by the state department.

If you are planning to get married in China, suggest you take a side trip to any US Consulate in China, get a 'affadavit of marriageability' there, then have it translated at an official chinese translation office in China.

So, if you are indeed getting married in Wuhan, I suggest you send me a PM with your lass's phone number, I'll send it to my lass in Wuhan, they can have a talk about the documents.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Both my "Intent to Marry" and my "Letter of No Record of Marriage" have been notarized, then sealed by the State of Michigan, then both were certified by the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Chicago. I know I will need to get the Documents translated in Wuhan, I am just concerned about them being dated in October and my Wedding being on December 23rd.

Appaullo

*EDIT*

Just realized my Documents are dated October 20th and October 28th ... that will make them 2 months old on my Wedding Day, not 3 months old. Still original concern is there.

Edited by Appaullo (see edit history)