Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here even though I haven't posted in awhile. As you can see from my timeline, things are not going well for us, but we are still hangin' in there. :cold:

So....for everyone that has been waiting for what seems to be a long time, let me offer these words....IT COULD BE WORSE B)

Just be patient....it will happen. :doorscared:

I am happy for everyone here that has succeeded in this process, and my thoughts go out to all of those who are going through the process or have just started it.

Even though I may not visit this site regularly for awhile, everyone can feel free to leave me a message anytime.

Later :bleh:

Hey Red, It's nice to hear from you again. I have seen you timeline when I am checking mine, and wondering what is going on. It is good to hear from you.

I was very impatient when I was going through these waits. I had my Congressman make two inquiries, and my Senator make one. I was about ready to get my Senator to make another inquiry but, after three inquiries the USCIS finally decided that they were wasting too much time responding to the Congressional inquiries so they processed our petition.

Did you know that each time a Congressional inquiry lands on someone's desk, they must pull the file and respond to the inquiry?

there are three places a delay can occur:

1. USCIS

2. NVC

3. GUZ

Yes, we have seen incredible wait times at each one,although USCIS and NVC are not very common. After a while, it is best to contact someone else in the government who can give it an inquiry; the problem is when they have submitted some sort of check and nothing is coming back to them, it's not like they are checking for 8 months non-stop, they are usually waiting for a return.

Hey Red, It's nice to hear from you again. I have seen you timeline when I am checking mine, and wondering what is going on. It is good to hear from you.

I was very impatient when I was going through these waits. I had my Congressman make two inquiries, and my Senator make one. I was about ready to get my Senator to make another inquiry but, after three inquiries the USCIS finally decided that they were wasting too much time responding to the Congressional inquiries so they processed our petition.

Did you know that each time a Congressional inquiry lands on someone's desk, they must pull the file and respond to the inquiry?

I think these inquiries serve to basically rattle someone's cage, and actually get results. A court action, on the other hand, can simply serve as an excuse for them to take no action while the "court action is pending".

Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here even though I haven't posted in awhile. As you can see from my timeline, things are not going well for us, but we are still hangin' in there. :unsure:

So....for everyone that has been waiting for what seems to be a long time, let me offer these words....IT COULD BE WORSE :blink:

Just be patient....it will happen. :doorscared:

I am happy for everyone here that has succeeded in this process, and my thoughts go out to all of those who are going through the process or have just started it.

Even though I may not visit this site regularly for awhile, everyone can feel free to leave me a message anytime.

Later :mf_sleep:

Wow!!!

i thought my wait was bad,i waited 4 months to get an NOA1.

i guess,it could be worse.

just think of the wait as a new game of torture.At Gitmo,they use nine inch nails music,and other heavy metal music as torture,with some success i am told,here in Anytown USA,they use seperation as torture,they keep us who married foreigners seperated from our loved ones,as long as they can,and like water drops dripping on ones head,is the word,over and over drilled into your skull,the word "wait"

wait 60 days,90 days,after 90 days wait 30 days,after 30 days,if you haven't heard anything,call us,we will do an inquiry,wait another 30 days,get the congressman involved, 30 days.

on a positive note:

there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

you just have to "wait"

Good luck.

Jimi

Why was there a need for biometrics at this stage of a k-1

TIMELINE FOR WILLIAM & XIAO RONG K-1 VISA

5/30/07.......Met SO online via free online dating website(matchdoctor.com)

6/1/07.......Began correspondence by email and IM

12/15/07....Traveled to Nanning to meet SO in person:)

12/23/07....Proposed! Then had to return home to US

1/26/08......Mailed I-129F packet to CSC for K1

1/31/08......NOA 1

5/25/08......Received notification of scheduled appointment at local

ASC for Biometrics

6/9/08.......Went to ASC in Indianapolis and had biometrics done. Surprisingly, they were very efficient and I was only there for half an hour

Why was there a need for biometrics at this stage of a k-1

TIMELINE FOR WILLIAM & XIAO RONG K-1 VISA

5/30/07.......Met SO online via free online dating website(matchdoctor.com)

6/1/07.......Began correspondence by email and IM

12/15/07....Traveled to Nanning to meet SO in person:)

12/23/07....Proposed! Then had to return home to US

1/26/08......Mailed I-129F packet to CSC for K1

1/31/08......NOA 1

5/25/08......Received notification of scheduled appointment at local

ASC for Biometrics

6/9/08.......Went to ASC in Indianapolis and had biometrics done. Surprisingly, they were very efficient and I was only there for half an hour

Simply put, because they say so!

We've seen this one other time, with someone who had a background (felony or some such, I don't remember exactly what)

Edit: Make that one time - see his earlier post

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=404416

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

What is biometrics? For what??

Thanks,

fingerprints (either thumb only or all 10), and/or picture taking. Administered by a third-party Applications Support Center (ASC)

Used by FBI and local jurisdictions for background checks.

This is not advice, but, I will tell you, if it were me, I already would have submitted another I-129F with payment and let it get sorted out from there.