The void between NVC and GZ

We got verbal confirmation from the NVC that our case was forwarded to GZ on Sept 5th but just today I got an email response from GZ that they don't have it and it's probably at the NVC. (Boy, talk about finger pointing...)

We also know a DHL shipment went out from the NVC to GZ on Sept 8, and has been delivered. We're hoping our case is in that batch but don't know for sure.

Anyone have any ideas about how to locate where our case might really be?

Don't know where to tell you to look for your case Rob, but my suspicion is that it may be at GZ. I recall back in the Black Hole days, things like this were common. Most striking example was AngryTexan. Aroound the middle of March he received a response from GZ to a inquiry he had made in February. They stated that his case had yet to clear the security checks and that they would notify his fiance when this was completed. Only problem was that he and his fiance, along with us, had picked up visas on March 10. ;)

By that time they were already back home in the States.

Moral of the story: Don't always trust what GZ says. Often, at least back in the good old days, they had a case but didn't know it. We all speculated that each case was required to spend a certain amount of time on the mailroom floor before processing. :D

Our case was also forwarded to GZ on Sept. 5 by NVC. But GZ replied my email today saying they haven't received our case. I called DHL and was told that there were 3 batches sent by NVC on Sept. 5 and all of them have been delivered. Well, where's the black hole?

By the way, I called the Visa office and they said my name check was submitted on August 26, well after NVC reviewed our case. I guess it doesn't matter too much if there is a delay in the case forwarding since the name check itself would take at least 60-90 days. Could anyone share with me how long the name check is taking nowadays?

robhon and Dallas, I envy you guys. NVC told me my files were sent to the consulate on 8/29, but I have yet to receive any emails from GZ in response in my inquiry.

Calling them only results in two hours of lost sleep. I have yet to able to get through to them via telephone.

Did either of you do anything in particular to get a response from GZ? Right now, for me, any response would be better than nothing. Just curious - how long did it take to get a response?

My mother, who desperately wants her daughter-in-law and new grandson in the US, called the NVC again today. Here's what she said:

---snip----

I called NVC again just to check about the date. She was a little snippy but confirmed that indeed the material was sent on the 5th and that it takes 15 BUSINESS days or 3 weeks to get to GZ. So that is Friday or Monday. Let's hope that's the case.

---snip---

I think the mailroom theory is the best. I'm sure our case is there in GZ sitting in a box waiting for someone who doesn't want to deal with it. I wish I could just walk in and over to that box and point to our case and say, "YOU SEE, IT'S THIS ONE!!!"

:blink:

robhon and Dallas, I envy you guys.  NVC told me my files were sent to the consulate on 8/29, but I have yet to receive any emails from GZ in response in my inquiry.

Calling them only results in two hours of lost sleep.  I have yet to able to get through to them via telephone.

Did either of you do anything in particular to get a response from GZ?  Right now, for me, any response would be better than nothing.  Just curious - how long did it take to get a response?

Not that I want to be the winner of the bragging contest :) , but our case was send to the consulate back on 7/29 (according to the NVC operators) and as of last week, and GZ says they don't have her file yet...

Just to contribute my data points, I've written GZ twice. Reeceived a response two days later the first time, and four days later the second time...

Jerry

Well, I fianlly got a response from GZ this morning:

"Thanks for your email. We've checked our files for your fiancée based

on the information you provided, but could not locate any record. You have our assurance once the case reaches us, we will set it under processing as

soon as possible."

Yours Sincerely,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

Frustrating but not unexpected.