Well, take a deep breath

We arrived for the interview at 10:45, appointment was for 11am. They called her at 10:55 for the testing phase. She came back out at 11, passed. Now we wait for the interview. They call her again at 11:15 and she returns at 11:35. The wanted current bills, I only put in stuff for the house with the address and both names. Well, the end result?????????

She Passed !!!!!!!

First looked at her DL and GC. Then asked what test she wanted, new or old. Then had to read "He knows how to ride a bike." Then had to write, "She cooks for her friends." Then asked these questions:

1) What do the stars on the flag mean?

2) What do we celebrate on the 4th of July?

3) Who was the first president of the United States?

4) Who is the Vice President today?

5) What is the legislative branch of our government?

6) How many Senators are there in Congress?

7) Whose rights are guarenteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

8) In what month do we vote for the President?

9) In what month is the new President inaugurated?

10) What is the most important right granted to United States citizens?

In the interview:

Had to swear to tell the truth. Asked name and how many times we both had been married. Asked about the 4 trips my wife has taken to China since she entered the US. How long has been married and where married. Then asked all the questions in Part 10 of the N-400. Then signed the N-400 and all was done.

Ceremony is January 22. We can finally take a deep breath.

Congratulations!

You see what I mean when you look back at all the interviews that we were nervous about but found that it was easy as pie? Thanks for listing the details and questions. Now its time to celebrate and enjoy life as a citizen when she gets sworn in. Actually you can celebrate today and January 22, or from today till January 22. The only unfortunate thing is that she'll have to wait 4 years before she can vote for a U.S. President.

I thought about taking her out for a night on the town, but then decided against it. She still had laundry to do and had to cook for the kids. Maybe I'll let her celebrate after she gets her certificate. Just so happens that the ceremony is the Thursday before the Chinese New Year. Maybe I'll take the family to New York City for the New Year.