Relationship Photos

Our Photos include our "Engagement Celebration" on the Great Wall Nov. 11th 2007 with my S.O.s' family. We did this because we were told K-1 is faster, but we wanted the Family approval of our staying-together. There was no marriage certificate, but we are wearing traditional Red. We knew that her family could not travel to be there when we get married in the U.S.. Is this a good-thing to show relationship, or will they consider this a marriage ceremony causing any problem with K-1? :rolleyes:

Guest WenDylan

The photo graphs you have included sound good. You're SO will provide certificates verifying that she is not married prior to the K1 interview with the VO. So you should be clear, unless she is actually married, prior to the K1 interview.

I hate to be the naysayer here, but:

I have read about people who had 'unofficial' wedding ceremonies in China and used those pictures in the K1 interview; resulting in a delay while they both provided additional proof that they were not married.

You hopefully have a lot of other photos you can use...

Thank You, rather safe than sorry, LiuYings' unmairried certificate is from Oct 2008 but, they may ask me to prove I was not married in China. delay, delay etc. It is only one page in our Special Album but the only page that shows her entire family with us together. I will remove the page and keep for "backup".

I hate to be the naysayer here, but:

I have read about people who had 'unofficial' wedding ceremonies in China and used those pictures in the K1 interview; resulting in a delay while they both provided additional proof that they were not married.

You hopefully have a lot of other photos you can use...

Thank You, rather safe than sorry, LiuYings' unmairried certificate is from Oct 2008 but, they may ask me to prove I was not married in China. delay, delay etc. It is only one page in our Special Album but the only page that shows her entire family with us together. I will remove the page and keep for "backup".

Okay, I must be getting more nervous now that we have an interview date (for K-1). I traveled to China two months ago and we took professional photographs for a wedding portrait album. Would the album be a good thing to bring as proof of relationship? Or would this somehow raise up the question of "already-married"? Her unmarried certificate is from last month. Also, they won't need to keep the album if she brings it, would they?

Okay, I must be getting more nervous now that we have an interview date (for K-1). I traveled to China two months ago and we took professional photographs for a wedding portrait album. Would the album be a good thing to bring as proof of relationship? Or would this somehow raise up the question of "already-married"? Her unmarried certificate is from last month. Also, they won't need to keep the album if she brings it, would they?

I would hesitate to use photos that could be misinterpreted as showing you being married. If I remember correctly, the consulate in India denied a K1 visa to a couple who had a "party" where they wore traditional wedding garments. They were white-sheeted and told to reapply as a K3.

The consulate returned the photo album after our interview.

Edited by SteveK (see edit history)

I would hesitate to use photos that could be misinterpreted as showing you being married. If I remember correctly, the consulate in India denied a K1 visa to a couple who had a "party" where they wore traditional wedding garments. They were white-sheeted and told to reapply as a K3.

The consulate returned the photo album after our interview.

Thank You, others' have said "OK" so many couples do this so the family can be involved, but as always I think you must assume the VO to do the worst and not what is logical or fair. we will use other family shots without the traditional clothing.

Okay, my head is spinning now... Didn't I read in the FAQ (or was that the VJ FAQ) that it's a good idea to wear an engagement ring to the interview?

And our "wedding album" has nothing resembling an actual wedding. It's just a bunch of portraits taken in a studio, with nothing that would suggest a ceremony, and certainly no family. Although she was wearing a wedding gown in some of the pictures... It is a standard practice in China for couples to take pictures for the album up to a year before the actual wedding. It's not that unusual in the States either. Are we supposed to assume the worse when it comes to dealing with these VOs?

*sigh* I think I'm getting paranoid now... :eatyum: