EMS Tracking

You can get some more immunizations whilst yer in China, and have the record of them transferred to your yellow international immunization book. BUT - if yer yellow immunization book is IN the SEALED PACKET, sigh... oh well.

You don't need anything else from the Chinese Government. Pay attention to the VISA expiration date - be sure to fly out before the expiration date.

I would suggest you gather, in quantities to last 4 to 6 months, in China, your favorite:

1. cosmetics

2. feminine moon time products

3. underwear (panties, bra)

4. cooking spices

Make sure any air tickets that are purchased - have your PASSPORT name (PinYin) on the tickets - and really - that's about all I can think of.

If you have a household of items that you want to ship - good news ! There are many freight forwarders in Guangzhou - you can choose air or boat cargo.

Hi Darnell!!!

Thank you for the details!!! Oh my!!! You are such a sweet and detailed person!!! Thank you so much!!! I've been checking the airlines and the ticket price and thinking about when should I fly to the states... Driving me crazy to think about that... My parent in law and my sister law and my husband's rest families are all looking forwards to seeing me in person and it sounds a good idea to go there before Christmas and spend the Christmas with them... But my husband is thinking about to wait until the time around he comes back home, and as to me, sometimes, I think maybe after Chinese New Year, and sometimes, I think maybe around the time my husband comes back home and then fly to me and pick me up cause I am still kinda thinking about my wedding party... We haven't held it yet, cause every time when he visited me, there were always 2 weeks, time was so rush to have a wedding party and with so less option to choose a good day... but this time when he comes back, he will get a month off for vocation, that sounds pretty good!!! Well, anyways, still not made up my mind yet...

GOD BLESS

LING

The stuff in the brown package is basically most of the things you submitted to GUZ before and during the interview, just like darnell said.

Congratulations on the visa pickup!

Thank you Valenbb and Congratualtions to you too!!! You picked up the visa one day earlier than me :cheering: Planning to spend the Christmas together in the states?

GOD BLESS

LING

You can get some more immunizations whilst yer in China, and have the record of them transferred to your yellow international immunization book. BUT - if yer yellow immunization book is IN the SEALED PACKET, sigh... oh well.

You don't need anything else from the Chinese Government. Pay attention to the VISA expiration date - be sure to fly out before the expiration date.

I would suggest you gather, in quantities to last 4 to 6 months, in China, your favorite:

1. cosmetics

2. feminine moon time products

3. underwear (panties, bra)

4. cooking spices

Make sure any air tickets that are purchased - have your PASSPORT name (PinYin) on the tickets - and really - that's about all I can think of.

If you have a household of items that you want to ship - good news ! There are many freight forwarders in Guangzhou - you can choose air or boat cargo.

This is off topic, but yes, cosmetics, especially. A lot of Asian women complain about how the cosmetic products here in the States are not formulated for Asian skin. If you have a favorite brand, stock up. Congrats, btw! :D Oh yeah, it's probably best to pack cosmetics in your check-in bags to avoid any problems with liquid bottle sizes for carry-on luggage.

Congrats, btw! B) Oh yeah, it's probably best to pack cosmetics in your check-in bags to avoid any problems with liquid bottle sizes for carry-on luggage.

Heheh... Thank you Jon&Jas :lol: This is a good idea to pack the liquid bottles in check-in bags :lol: But oh, thanks God, I don't use cosmetics often, maybe just 3 or 4 times a year, so guess that's not bad :huh:

hi, Ling, your English is great! if your POE is San Francisco when you fly to US, be sure that you need to line up for the Immgriant window if you have a cr-1. I dont know other POE, B)

also you may need a e-dictionary when you are here, Maybe you will need that cause I found that there are lots of specialized english words here when you live in US even I thought my english is good enough...lol, and it will be very convenient for you.

Heheh... Thank you Jon&Jas :victory: This is a good idea to pack the liquid bottles in check-in bags :o But oh, thanks God, I don't use cosmetics often, maybe just 3 or 4 times a year, so guess that's not bad :P

I shudder to think how much cosmetic products Jas'll be packing when she comes over *knock on wood*...

BTW, e-dictionary is definitely useful for the first few years in the States. I know someone who brought along two, one for backup, when she came to the States for her graduate studies.

BTW2, Ling is a rather unusual English name and is usually associated with Chinese names. Were you thinking Lynn instead?

Edited by Jon & Jas (see edit history)

Dear, dear!

Don't despair! :)

It took my hun's packet 3 weeks to leave GUZ!! haha

and guess what?

His packet arrived and strangely enough, there was only one entry on EMS the whole trip of the package to his town...that had said it had been "picked up and posting".

It's the "hold your breath" time...I remember well haha!

Most people don't have the 3 week wait like we did-- we never found out why...

Don't worry, you'll get it soon :lol:

Good thing is: You got pink~!

Congrats!!!!

Hi my friends here,

I had my interview yesterday morning and the visa officer gave me PINK!!! I am so happy and excited for that, and I paid the EMS yesterday morning ( 02 December ). But when I come back home today, ok it's already 5:36pm here in China ( 03 December ), but there is no record on the EMS website yet... I am getting panic right now, is it normal?

Please anyone help me with this?

GOD BLESS

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US

LING

guz wrote in their notes that dos has access to that our second (the first one got lost!) call in letter was sent out on november 20th....however, there was no posting of this tracking number in the EMS system until november 26th....hope this helps...steve

• 2 months later...

Heheh... Thank you Jon&Jas :D This is a good idea to pack the liquid bottles in check-in bags :P But oh, thanks God, I don't use cosmetics often, maybe just 3 or 4 times a year, so guess that's not bad :P

I shudder to think how much cosmetic products Jas'll be packing when she comes over *knock on wood*...

BTW, e-dictionary is definitely useful for the first few years in the States. I know someone who brought along two, one for backup, when she came to the States for her graduate studies.

BTW2, Ling is a rather unusual English name and is usually associated with Chinese names. Were you thinking Lynn instead?

Sorry for replying late, Jon&Jas... After I got my visa, I've been spending to be confusing... lol... not really know what exactly I am confusing... Yes, I thought of Lynn before and it was my first english name, but I saw too many foreign people have that name and I am chinese, so I was thinking of making it special... Hehehe...

Anyway, has your beloved one flied out yet? I am wondering how did you do with the packages cause I have lots of them and having headache to bring them to The States...

God Bless

Ling

Dear, dear!

Don't despair! :D

It took my hun's packet 3 weeks to leave GUZ!! haha

and guess what?

His packet arrived and strangely enough, there was only one entry on EMS the whole trip of the package to his town...that had said it had been "picked up and posting".

It's the "hold your breath" time...I remember well haha!

Most people don't have the 3 week wait like we did-- we never found out why...

Don't worry, you'll get it soon :P

Good thing is: You got pink~!

Congrats!!!!

Thank you, freedream, I am going to fly out next month now... so many stuffs are going on here right now... So how are you? I hope you are doing well.

God Bless

Ling

Hi my friends here,

I had my interview yesterday morning and the visa officer gave me PINK!!! I am so happy and excited for that, and I paid the EMS yesterday morning ( 02 December ). But when I come back home today, ok it's already 5:36pm here in China ( 03 December ), but there is no record on the EMS website yet... I am getting panic right now, is it normal?

Please anyone help me with this?

GOD BLESS

ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF US

LING

guz wrote in their notes that dos has access to that our second (the first one got lost!) call in letter was sent out on november 20th....however, there was no posting of this tracking number in the EMS system until november 26th....hope this helps...steve

Thank you for the answer, Steve. I am sorry I replied late... you may call me bad bad bad... lol... How are you doing?

God Bless

Ling

hi, Ling, your English is great! if your POE is San Francisco when you fly to US, be sure that you need to line up for the Immgriant window if you have a cr-1. I dont know other POE, :D

also you may need a e-dictionary when you are here, Maybe you will need that cause I found that there are lots of specialized english words here when you live in US even I thought my english is good enough...lol, and it will be very convenient for you.

Hi Yuejihua, thank you so much for the information, I didn't know anything about it... Thank you so much!!! I am flying out next month, so excited and so busy and headache with the packages... lots of stuffs, feeling like moving a house...lol... So how are you?

God Bless

Ling