Does my SO need to take cash with her to the Interview?

I know we pay the Visa Interview fee at Citic, and them pay the medical fee...

But I thought I read somewhere that there is also a fee at the Interview... is that true. And how much is it?

In fact, is there a fee / payment breakdown that anyone can give me of what we pay when and where??

Thanks!

Some cash is needed to pay China Post to mail the visa to the post office. I believe no more than 50 RMB.

When my Yu went to interview, she had no cash, after her interview she came down to the coffee shop where I was waiting, and I then went up to the consulate and paid the post office employee in the hallway just outside security the appropriate fee for shipping.

See my confusion?

dnoblett didn't pay a cent at the interview, just the post office fee afterward.

while valenbb payed $400 USD at the interview.

Hence my dilemma.

I suppose I could just make sure she has plenty of cash on hand, but I would like to be prepared if possible.

Is it the K1 / CR1 difference?

Is there a rule here? Some rhyme or reason?

Yes there is a difference. You won't pay $400 because you aren't a DCF.

Ah... See, now we're getting somewhere!

Thanks, Dylan!!

So I just pay the fee at Citic,

then the fee at the Medical Exam,

and then a Post Office fee at or after the Interview.

Is that it? Or should I be expecting something else..?

My wife paid the IV fee of 400USD on the interview day, and then 20RMB (1 visa) to the post office for visa pickup 2 days later.

DOES NOT APPLY in TaijiMonkey's case they are K-1 NOT CR-1 (DCF) only DCF (CR-1 / IR-1 IMMIGRANT) visas pay the IMMIGRANT visa fee of $400 for immigrant visa.

K-Visas pay $131 to CITIC bank before the interview preferably before madical so that the receipt can be included in the madical packet.

ALL Visas pay the post office a mailing fee after getting approved for the visa.

Again no more than 50 RMB is needed for the post office.

Yes there is a difference. You won't pay $400 because you aren't a DCF.

Ah... See, now we're getting somewhere!

Thanks, Dylan!!

So I just pay the fee at Citic,

then the fee at the Medical Exam,

and then a Post Office fee at or after the Interview.

Is that it? Or should I be expecting something else..?

CORRECT!

Good Luck!

My wife paid the IV fee of 400USD on the interview day, and then 20RMB (1 visa) to the post office for visa pickup 2 days later.

DOES NOT APPLY in TaijiMonkey's case they are K-1 NOT CR-1 (DCF) only DCF (CR-1 / IR-1 IMMIGRANT) visas pay the IMMIGRANT visa fee of $400 for immigrant visa.

K-Visas pay $131 to CITIC bank before the interview preferably before madical so that the receipt can be included in the madical packet.

ALL Visas pay the post office a mailing fee after getting approved for the visa.

Again no more than 50 RMB is needed for the post office.

the post office mailing fee is 20rmb as of august 5th 2008 assuming it hasn't changed since then.

the post office mailing fee is 20rmb as of august 5th 2008 assuming it hasn't changed since then.

Yep I was guessing 50RMB to be on the high and safe side. :P