Eight Days

Well 8 days to go. We have been going over the reading, writing, and questions everyday. Today or tomorrow, we start hitting it real hard. Usually we just do one or the other each night. Now we are going to start doing a little of each every night.

Nervous? Yes, I can see it. She is saying only a little nervous, but I think it is more and growing.

Hey, just 8 more days.

Edited by MikeXiao (see edit history)

Just remind her that in the passed applications, interviews. etc. everyone of us were nervous. When we finally went through all those obstacles it was usually just a piece of cake.

Unfortunately people who have gone through the citizenship test know more about the US than some school kids.

Study hard but take a rest as well. Even athletes get a day rest from practice. In other words don't cram or burn her out close to the exam date.

Remember that even if you're nervous for her to pass don't let her see it or hear it in your tone of voice. Praise her when she gets it right to boost her confidence and she'll be less nervous.

Good luck to you both!

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)

I am telling her not to be nervous. She says it is easy for me to say, I am not going into the interview. Then I remind her that she knows the answers to the questions in the book, and can read all the sample sentences. She also can write the sample sentences with only a few problems.

Maybe I should give her some distractions to calm her nerves. Something like .... scrubbing the kitchen floor. Joke. I am telling her to take breaks and call her family and talk.

I am telling her not to be nervous. She says it is easy for me to say, I am not going into the interview. Then I remind her that she knows the answers to the questions in the book, and can read all the sample sentences. She also can write the sample sentences with only a few problems.

Maybe I should give her some distractions to calm her nerves. Something like .... scrubbing the kitchen floor. Joke. I am telling her to take breaks and call her family and talk.

Just take her out and get her really stinkin drunk, the hangover will last a day and then she'll be so angry with you she won't give it a second thought. But then again her first act as a USC might be to have you jailed for abusing her with alcohol. :smartass:

So a quick question. How did you all package the documents that are to be taken into the interview?

Jailed? She'll more than likely give me a very large swift kick to you know where.

Don't know anything about packaging the documents for this type of interview, but I'd bet the same way you did for your visa interview would work. Easy to find and handy is a good way in my mind.

Now for the other part, you are obviously a bad husband because you wouldn't do this little thing to help take her mind off this interview, a very bad bad husband. :eyebrow: