Class Action

I am with you brother.....you know its interesting,how everyone brings up spouse is not a citizen.....well,The supreme court ruled in June 2008,that detainees at Guatanamo bay,cuba,have a constitutional right to challenge their detentions in Federal court....they are not citizens.American law is a funny thing

The detainees are not citizens, but they are being detained overseas at Guatanamo Bay which is considered to be US soil, so this is how they come under US law.

not buying that,the Guangzhou consulate is considered the sovereignty of the USa ,all embassys,they are safe havens of the country they represent,maybe i am wrong,anyway my point, i can picture all these detainees sitting around in their cells going,we have to do something,this is not right,(because,some in there are innocent),but i can hear everyone saying,,forget it,you cant change things,your not a citizen,in American peoples eyes you are a terrorist,a dirt bag,who is going to listen to you? you have no rights.how can you change things,the law is set in concrete.Somebody,believed it could change,someone got a lawyer involved,one with a big pair of balls.and he did something. it had to be taken to the supreme court.so it had to be challenged. Thats all i am saying.

Jimi

Jimi, I understand your thoughts and can see where you think this can shed some hope / light on the immigration issue. But I believe they are horses of different colors. I think where the detainees have the advantage is international laws and rights. Plus the right to a fair trial. They are being charged of a crime and I believe even a non USC has rights under our legal system when they are being charged of a crime. Where Immigration I don't think if I remember right falls under the legal system. I could be wrong about immigration and the legal system, but I don't think I am. Could these issue be pushed through the courts maybe, but I think it would be a very very very long and very costly process.

The bad part is most see the immigration system broken in the areas of the illegals getting in and staying. I doubt many even care or are aware of the other parts of it that are broken. Besides it isn't totally broken because many have no problems at all. It varies from country to country on the brokenness of the system.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic