3 Years and 2 Months

Sent the "Fiance Visa" application in about Sept 2005.

The Green Card arrived in the mail box (Tampa area) November 2008.

After arriving in America,the only office visit we made was for fingerprinting.

Then the EAD Card came in the mail.

Now the Green Card has arrived in the mail with no office visit or interview or telephone calls.

Good news!

NOT SO FAST VARMITS!!!

Wait until you read my other new post

"Green Card not enough for her" about how my wife

(Chinese female version of "Yosimite Sam") is behaving since she got

her new Green Card.

SHE IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Yep, I saw your other post, crazy!

Makes no sense, either visa K-2 follow-to-join or CR-2 for a step child require the consent of both biological parents the child's father has custody and the consulate will not issue a visa without the father's consent.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=34252&hl=

Good news!

NOT SO FAST VARMITS!!!

Wait until you read my other new post

"Green Card not enough for her" about how my wife

(Chinese female version of "Yosimite Sam") is behaving since she got

her new Green Card.

SHE IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

Yep, I saw your other post, crazy!

Makes no sense, either visa K-2 follow-to-join or CR-2 for a step child require the consent of both biological parents the child's father has custody and the consulate will not issue a visa without the father's consent.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=34252&hl=

Exactly!

(But the pain is real)

• 1 month later...

You are not alone, this quite common for K-Visa holders adjusting status.

Happened to us last year.

Congrats!

I forgot to mention,receiving this Green Card is the FIRST CONTACT from them since OBAMA was elected President.

Thanks Obama!!!

I doubt the President Elect had anything to do with this :roller: ... I actually wrote to him when I was having my troubles getting past the P1 stage... but his office respectfully told me to give my state's Senators a chance... I did, that's why I wrote him :rolleyes: ... either way... All's well, that.....

It is also quite common that it NOT happen.

Good news! Congratulations!

I can vouch for that! Two interviews, both in Memphis which is five hours from where we live, plus four appointments for fingerprints in Nashville (two hour drive). All total, Li was fingerprinted seven times.

It is also quite common that it NOT happen.

Good news! Congratulations!

I can vouch for that! Two interviews, both in Memphis which is five hours from where we live, plus four appointments for fingerprints in Nashville (two hour drive). All total, Li was fingerprinted seven times.

I think you just made up that story so you could go drinking on Beale and have some good BBQ over on Poplar Street.

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish I did make it all up. We had to pay each time.

As for Beale Street and the BBQ....two of my favorite things about Memphis. And a very old timer Candle member, Eric, who was here from the start, used to like Memphis because he could buy all the velvet Elvis paintings he could afford.

I guess there is no accounting for taste, and Eric was, after all, a one-armed Frenchman scuba diver.