The Central People's Government Official Web Portal

Please pin this for a fair and balanced perspective of the news in China.

Bob... this is good. Although I have been here before, its always good to get a refresh course on whats going on in China! :cold:

Well...um...yes...It's always good to check out the OFFICIAL version of things...There's Xinhua, China Daily, Beijing Review, etc, etc...They report widely on the news in China and internationally... ;)

Yep...emphasis definately on OFFICIAL and VERSION. :)

Every government has one, including the US.

This is true.

http://www.usa.gov/

But the US version doesn't try to pass itself off as a news source. It's intended as a sort of one-stop spot for all things relating to government information as far as I can tell.

The Chinese site is also very informational for what it's trying to do. I'd take issue with it being a fair and balanced perspective of the news in China however.

It is what it is and nothing we say here will change things.

Not trying to change things. Just trying to keep them in perspective. B)

But did you ever notice that a persons perspective changes based on where they stand?

Or what they're able/allowed to see from where they're standing. :D

Bob... this is good. Although I have been here before, its always good to get a refresh course on whats going on in China! ;)

Well...um...yes...It's always good to check out the OFFICIAL version of things...There's Xinhua, China Daily, Beijing Review, etc, etc...They report widely on the news in China and internationally... :lol:

Yep...emphasis definately on OFFICIAL and VERSION. :lol:

This is true.

But the US version doesn't try to pass itself off as a news source. It's intended as a sort of one-stop spot for all things relating to government information as far as I can tell.

The Chinese site is also very informational for what it's trying to do. I'd take issue with it being a fair and balanced perspective of the news in China however.

Not trying to change things. Just trying to keep them in perspective. ;)

But did you ever notice that a persons perspective changes based on where they stand?

Or what they're able/allowed to see from where they're standing. ;)

The US gov does have a regular media outlet .... each agency has a press secretary or spokesperson... they present the govs perspective ("spin"? "party line"?) on the subjects at hand. When they do the private media (so-called 4th Branch) shows up and presents it.

And hey! Don't forget about C-SPAN! :lol:

Bob... this is good. Although I have been here before, its always good to get a refresh course on whats going on in China! :mobrun:

Well...um...yes...It's always good to check out the OFFICIAL version of things...There's Xinhua, China Daily, Beijing Review, etc, etc...They report widely on the news in China and internationally... :surprise:

Yep...emphasis definately on OFFICIAL and VERSION. :smartass:

This is true.

Not trying to change things. Just trying to keep them in perspective. :ph34r:

The US gov does have a regular media outlet .... each agency has a press secretary or spokesperson... they present the govs perspective ("spin"? "party line"?) on the subjects at hand. When they do the private media (so-called 4th Branch) shows up and presents it.

And hey! Don't forget about C-SPAN! :unsure:

Fourth Estate actually..."and more important by far" :(

Bob... this is good. Although I have been here before, its always good to get a refresh course on whats going on in China! :mobrun:

Well...um...yes...It's always good to check out the OFFICIAL version of things...There's Xinhua, China Daily, Beijing Review, etc, etc...They report widely on the news in China and internationally... :surprise:

Yep...emphasis definately on OFFICIAL and VERSION. :smartass:

This is true.

Not trying to change things. Just trying to keep them in perspective. :ph34r:

And hey! Don't forget about C-SPAN! :unsure:

Fourth Estate actually..."and more important by far" :(

I stand correct Sir... I'd rather be in an Estate than a branch any day of the week.