The Urban Revolution...

An article from Business Week on the projected movement of vast numbers of rural Chinese into the urban areas of China. The numbers are staggering...in the next 17 years 350 million people will make the transition, more than the entire population of the US...By 2025 China will have 220 cities of more than 1 million, the Europe of today has 35 such cities... :blink:

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/cont...edStories_ssi_5

isn't it nice???

This is huge change for China and the rest of world. I have no idea if it will help or hurt, but it will further change China.

It makes me think that housing is still a good business to be in, maybe not in the costal cities.

isn't it nice???

This is huge change for China and the rest of world. I have no idea if it will help or hurt, but it will further change China.

It makes me think that housing is still a good business to be in, maybe not in the costal cities.

All of the infrastructure needs are mind-boggling... :blink: Houses, roads, food, energy, railroads, airports.........................

It will enhance things that are best and worst in China. Hopefully as this change proceeds it will tend towards the former. This is also a glaring reason that the developed countries need to get away from the use of fossil fuels... fast. That kind of increased burden on global fuel supplies (not to mention India and other places urbanizing and modernizing as well) that pretty much defies most current models.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing. It only goes further towards convincing me that China will become the most influential and prosperous country on earth. It's just a matter of when. But it also enhances the importance of pollution reduction and smarter fuel use, not just by China but by the USA, India, and everyone... so there isn't a future of us fighting for scraps under poisoned skies.

There's also a flipside to that too. My husband's family lives in a rural area, and most of them would never even dream of moving into the urban area. It's interesting that even with how many million will move in there's some that flat out refuse. They actually ENJOY breaking thier backs nad working thier fingers to the bone. They like their rural life and want to stay that way.

it's going to be a very interesting time for China

On top of the $586 BILLION economic stimulus package unveiled by the central government, the provinces are kicking in $1.4 TRILLION of their own... :roller: There are some unbelievers out there who see much of it as old projects already in the pipeline or proposed and never funded. But certainly it is a major boost for China's infrastructure spending at a time when many privately run enterprises are being forced to cut back owing to the international meltdown... :lol:

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_conten...p;lang=eng_news

On top of the $586 BILLION economic stimulus package unveiled by the central government, the provinces are kicking in $1.4 TRILLION of their own... :roller: There are some unbelievers out there who see much of it as old projects already in the pipeline or proposed and never funded. But certainly it is a major boost for China's infrastructure spending at a time when many privately run enterprises are being forced to cut back owing to the international meltdown... :lol:

I wonder; some of us are starting businesses that need to export items from China. I think the laws are changing and they might even be money availible to help export from China. Can we tap into any of this money to help our businesses?

On top of the $586 BILLION economic stimulus package unveiled by the central government, the provinces are kicking in $1.4 TRILLION of their own... :P There are some unbelievers out there who see much of it as old projects already in the pipeline or proposed and never funded. But certainly it is a major boost for China's infrastructure spending at a time when many privately run enterprises are being forced to cut back owing to the international meltdown... :P

I wonder; some of us are starting businesses that need to export items from China. I think the laws are changing and they might even be money availible to help export from China. Can we tap into any of this money to help our businesses?

Certainly a lot of Chinese manufacturers are desparate for business...We have a friend in Hangzhou right now nailing down a deal to export motorcycle helmets to the US... ;)

It will enhance things that are best and worst in China. Hopefully as this change proceeds it will tend towards the former. This is also a glaring reason that the developed countries need to get away from the use of fossil fuels... fast. That kind of increased burden on global fuel supplies (not to mention India and other places urbanizing and modernizing as well) that pretty much defies most current models.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing. It only goes further towards convincing me that China will become the most influential and prosperous country on earth. It's just a matter of when. But it also enhances the importance of pollution reduction and smarter fuel use, not just by China but by the USA, India, and everyone... so there isn't a future of us fighting for scraps under poisoned skies.

What he said.